2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting comment when Silva was discussing Sigurdsson: "It's not just him, Kieran Dowell or Andre Gomes if they play in that area as well, they can in some moments see the game forward not just playing things back."

Has Gomes ever played in the 10 before?

Got a feeling he is going to be one of those players who just gets the club, fits right in and plays his best football here.

He could equally spend most of the season injured and have next to no impact, but something tells me he is a player who needs the right club to perform, and Everton is a good fit for him.

But, but, but, the tinfoil hat brigade said he was seriously injured and their mates dad’s uncle’s wife’s cousin who once spoke to an Everton ballboy said he’d be going back to Barcelona in January?

Interesting comment when Silva was discussing Sigurdsson: "It's not just him, Kieran Dowell or Andre Gomes if they play in that area as well, they can in some moments see the game forward not just playing things back."

Has Gomes ever played in the 10 before?

I read it as if he was playing a little deeper than as a number 10. Im often wrong though.

I hope we can build his confidence back up. From reading a couple of articles he really struggled psychologically whilst at Barca.

love1.gif

yes, a maccy d apple pie has got me as well. Meat pies can be deadly too. When you think about it, there are potential burn inducing perils all about us. No wonder poor Gomes (or Dulwich as I call him) is in intensive care with 3rd degree burns covering his entire body.

Do you call him Dulwich for the same reason I do? After the baroque artist Jusepe de Ribera - to whom he bears more than a passing resemblance - and whose works are currently being exhibited at Dulwich Gallery?

Do you call him Dulwich for the same reason I do? After the baroque artist Jusepe de Ribera - to whom he bears more than a passing resemblance - and whose works are currently being exhibited at Dulwich Gallery?
Dont go there! Dont you remember the argument about the respective merits of Baroque, Renassance and Rococo? It raged on for months man, don’t light that particular fire on GOT again please!

...the avenue your thought passages is by no means one to be dismissed lightly; you have sketched significant navigational beacon.
me? ...I’m a little more prosaic. I call him Dulwich after that TV show ‘The Gnomes of Dulwich’...

Status
Not open for further replies.