2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an article somewhere which showed he had the best completion percentage for passes in the champions league - including passes in the final 3rd. Something like that anyway. If he can get it forward quickly to our attacking players then he can make a very positive difference.

..he looks like he’s got a brilliant passing range, very two footed. In particular, he’ll keep wingers in the game with his ability to switch and spread the ball out wide. He doesn’t look like he breaks sweat, a class act. I think he’ll provide a dimension and passing quality that we don’t currently have.

Gut feeling of the day - He will be in the running for player of the season despite the late start.

He is a great player with serious pedigree, if he stays fit he will improve our midfield hugely which is our undoubted weak point.

..whilst he’ll be competitive I don’t think we’ll be seeing much in the way of tackling.
Certain not on the ground, but he'll out muscle a player or two I think. I do like Davies industry when we don't have the ball, through. He's miles beyond Tom, but I love his workrate and that bit of nasty.

Certain not on the ground, but he'll out muscle a player or two I think. I do like Davies industry when we don't have the ball, through. He's miles beyond Tom, but I love his workrate and that bit of nasty.

..yep, he’s clearly a different type to Davies but we also have a busy type in Gueye. My biggest concern with Gomes is whether this latest hamstring injury will continue to plague him.

The trick is not to expect or demand too much from him seeing he is just coming back from injury and will be playing in a foreign league that he'll need time to adapt to.

With that being in mind as long as he runs rings around the RS on derby day and scores 4, I'm comfortable with whatever happens regarding his performances.

You just know that if he shows anything like the ability we wish, 1 of 2 things will happen.

He will got back to barca and they will sell on, or his knees explode. This is Everton, we don’t have nice things.

The trick is not to expect or demand too much from him seeing he is just coming back from injury and will be playing in a foreign league that he'll need time to adapt to.

With that being in mind as long as he runs rings around the RS on derby day and scores 4, I'm comfortable with whatever happens regarding his performances.

That's fair enough mate, no pressure then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.