2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the midfield talent we now have at the club, and yet some posters say we were better off before Moshiri arrived and regularly call him a 'carpet bagger.' The appointment of Brands has in no doubt helped us access players of this calibre and pedigree. Bernard, Richarlison, Digne, Gomes, Mina, Siggy, Walcot would not have left their clubs for Everton had it not been for Moshiri's hard cash and long-term plan. It's not quite Man City of Chelski levels of change, but a darn sight closer than we ever though it would be before February 2016.

I agree totally mate.
I note that the "carpet bagger" mouthpieces are somewhat quiet at the moment. Wonder why that can be ?

He doesn’t play like Dembele.

I’m always a bit surprised how many folks on here don’t watch other leagues and thus haven’t seen some of these guys play. Is it just not on TV? La Liga is pretty much the best league in the world and is on quite often in the states.
I watch a lot of Premier league and a lot of CL including the La Liga clubs. I just don't have time to watch Betis v Bilbao.

I read an article somewhere which showed he had the best completion percentage for passes in the champions league - including passes in the final 3rd. Something like that anyway. If he can get it forward quickly to our attacking players then he can make a very positive difference.

I read an article somewhere which showed he had the best completion percentage for passes in the champions league - including passes in the final 3rd. Something like that anyway. If he can get it forward quickly to our attacking players then he can make a very positive difference.
He can do that for certain. I hope he's decent enough in the tackle. He's big and not soft, but that's my only question.

Status
Not open for further replies.