2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially with the pace and physicality of the prem.

..well, you normally associate persistent hamstring problems with sprinters but this fella doesn’t appear to get out of 3rd gear so let’s hope he can recover. As you indicate, though, James McCarthy isn’t a sprinter but perhaps the pace of the league has contributed to his demise.

I’m looking forward to watching Gomes.

..well, you normally associate persistent hamstring problems with sprinters but this fella doesn’t appear to get out of 3rd gear so let’s hope he can recover. As you indicate, though, James McCarthy isn’t a sprinter but perhaps the pace of the league has contributed to his demise.

I think McCarthy is a sprinter in the sense that he does need that pace over 10 yards to be at his best - i.e. closing opposition down etc.

I wouldn't describe Gana as a 'sprinter' but over 10 yards he is very quick, which is why he's so good at that closing down job when played right.

Hell be the end of Morgan , showing up all his inadequacies..
I
i think the player himself will push for a move , he seems settled already
This could be the deciding factor
For various reasons he never settled at Barca and didn’t get as much game time as he would have liked
If he has a good 6/7 months here and plays well and his family settle I think he will look for a permanent move to get his career back on track
Barca couldn’t sell him for 20m and there was hardly a queue to sign him

I'd agree with @BlueToff here mate, McCarthy is definitely a sprinter. It's how he can hunt the ball so well.

Well for a start my missus wouldn’t let me next to near her if I had one
They have implications in intimate moments
Secondly while I hate shaving the amount of work needed to beard in good nick is not worth the effort
You still have to shave the lower neck and around the cheeks , so why not just shave it all
All this is negated by
If you want to go all wild man of Borneo on your beard or like a mate of mine it’s used to cover up an exceedingly large and pointed chin , I’m talking twice as bad as Jimmy Hill chin

What are beard oils for, exactly? I have a beard sometimes and have never oiled it once, still seems to work fine.
What are beard oils for, exactly? I have a beard sometimes and have never oiled it once, still seems to work fine.
It makes you even more in line with the crowd mate. Same with sleeve tatts and silly quiffs.

You stick to your principles mate, be a shepherd not a sheep!
Well for a start my missus wouldn’t let me next to near her if I had one
They have implications in intimate moments
Secondly while I hate shaving the amount of work needed to beard in good nick is not worth the effort
You still have to shave the lower neck and around the cheeks , so why not just shave it all
All this is negated by
If you want to go all wild man of Borneo on your beard or like a mate of mine it’s used to cover up an exceedingly large and pointed chin , I’m talking twice as bad as Jimmy Hill chin
In what way mate? Specifically the beard as I have one so interested in an opinion to the alternative.
I reckon it makes me look like Thor from them comics. My Mrs sends me pictures of Ian Beale from EastEnders when he was homeless. All the effin time.
On topic please lads.

On the bench for Sunday, possibly? Would be nice to be comfortable after 80 mins and give him a little run out.

With that said, I have the usual “Everton, that” sense of foreboding about what appears to be a home banker against Palace...

On topic please lads.
Just as we were going to find out what beard oil is. Perhaps instead we'll find out who Gomes is instead... I keep forgetting that he's even here - I hope that soon remedies itself and I will then be able to live without knowing what beard oil is.

Status
Not open for further replies.