Votes: 27 8.1%
  • 6-8/10

Votes: 302 90.1%
  • 9-10/10

Votes: 6 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually see no real overall season difference.

Much better league showing at home.
Useless in the cups.

Dreadful league showing last season.
Lukaku plays well and we win the FA Cup.

Both seasons are not good enough imo.
Well that's your opinion but the points difference speaks for itself. A big summer ahead and even bigger season for Koeman, defining in fact.

On average it's a solid 6 it seems.

I think the late season collapse has affected people's perceptions.

If the poll were taken in the different cycles within the season I outlined above it'd have probably been 6 then 5 then 7 then 6 again. As said though: overall a solid 6.
Well overall is all that counts.

Once again the big players fail to turn up in the big games for us

Not seen much if any improvement this year and remember if Lukaku goes we need to find someone who scores 25 goals a season just to finish 7th again! Never mind trying to improve on that
Not neccessarily ,guess were we would have finished without Lukakus goals...thats right 7th.I would give it a 6.5 but a 2 for the last 6 weeks

Overall target was met.

Pretty much that's all you can say. We aimed for Europe and got it with 2 months to spare. Job done, onto the summer.

Highlights of the season? Davies emergence, home record back again in style, management finally ruthless with the players.

Everton failed to score more than one goal during a single game in 19 of 38 league matches this term and failed to score in 8 premier league games.

Guess that's what Koeman wants to improve - 'productivity' as he put it

As others have said about 6.5/10. A welcome improvement on the dross of 14-15 anf 15-16 but very far from perfect. Home form I'd grade about 8.5/10 (early season form hurts it slightly because) and away form is about 3.5/10 because it's been terrible.

And to answer the original question: 6.5/7 out of 10 for me.

Vast improvement on last season, but still questionmarks over the teams mentality at times. It feels like we lack the confidence/courage to be winners at the moment.

Not all Koemans fault of course.

He did the minimum required of him this season and with further extensive clearing out and rebuilding (I assume) It may take the team a while to settle next season.

Arsenal losing out on CL footy could be huge. If we are going to try and push up a place or 2 next season, Arsenal, you'd think would be the most likely to slip, but as today showed, we are still away behind them in terms of sheer quality of players.

Hopefully not being in the CL may lose them a player or 2 and maybe less likely to attract big enough names to push forward...

Wishful thinking, mind! :D

6.5/10 . A bit meh really but ok.
Expect something similar next season,..and the season after that.

Forza Eb3pton!!

Home form 8/10. Decent to be fair. Bottled it at home against them lot again though, which also happens to mean they get champions league.

Away form 1/10. Awful. Really expected more. We have no game plan and lukaku holds nothing up.

7/10.
Good solid season, let's be honest we have finished as high as possible with the squad we have.
We were never going to sneak CL unless others messed up.

That said, we must spend and aim for top 4 if the Moshiri era is to be deemed a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.