Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarkowski is an excellent player (better than ANY of our centre-halves) but I don’t think we can afford him.

Villa will offer him more money and he will go there.

The fact that the team for which Tarkowski plays has just been narrowly relegated should not preclude him from playing for another Premier League club.

Pickford had just been relegated when we signed him and since then he has become perhaps the greatest English goalkeeper since Peter Shilton and certainly our best goalkeeper since Neville Southall.

Jack Grealish got relegated with Villa…

The fact that the team for which Tarkowski plays has just been narrowly relegated should not preclude him from playing for another Premier League club.

Pickford had just been relegated when we signed him and since then he has become perhaps the greatest English goalkeeper since Peter Shilton and certainly our best goalkeeper since Neville Southall.

He was also like 19 when that happened

WHAT! lol lol

Sorry but I don’t believe we would be paying anywhere remotely near 35 million signing on fee even by Everton standards that would be ridiculous. He would have been cheaper when he was under contact at Burnley a couple of years ago. But if you are right we might as well go and get a younger better player because for those figures we could get much better. Tarkwoski imo is a 15m player if he was under contract at a club, so why would we pay those ridiculous figures when he’s a free agent ?
never mentioned a £35mill fee? read digest, coment!!!

Incidentally @Ralphie Boy my view is that its a 1st choice stopgap until Branthwaite pushes into the first 11.

If thats 2 seasons then Tarwkowski becomes a rotation option in season 3. If a 4 year deal then a backup in year 4.
Whilst I accept that, Branthwaite is integrated into the squad now, he is good enough compared to what we have had playing so no need to over pay as a two year stop gap.

Other centre half player his age are playing.

Not sure on the £10mil as i think thats factored into the wage increase with annual loyalty bonuses (Which Konate would get too).

At the moment we do need an experienced (at least a leader) centre back to push Keane and Mina out.

So perhaps not a signing to make money on
Clubs should not need to buy to push a player out, tell him/them they are not in your plans for the future.

Good sense says Konate but with FFP and those two sods can we afford the transfer fee.
We are not quite as skint as everyone is suggesting for the following reasons:

Players off books and transfer fees balanced out of accounts:

Him who not seen for a while.
Tosun
JJK

Sold?

DCL?
Richie?
Mina?
Gomes?

the point I am trying to make to all of the doom merchants is that it is a pivotal time now as we are on the fringe of FFP but going forward the above release fees both with the disappearance of any transfer fees owed and over inflated salaries, the market is a little depressed at the moment so losing high salaries etc puts us in a better position than we may think.

Note:

Dont come back with other players we may lose to add to the quick list above, take the point im making and not try scoring points off me for someone i left off!!!!!!

never mentioned a £35mill fee? read digest, coment!!!
TBH if what you typed is the true case and we are signing him on that sort of deal, we (Everton) need our heads examined, I would like to think we have learnt our lessons getting in to a mess with FFP. TBH I think you’ve got it all wrong, your math is correct but I think you’ve massively inflated the figures,the way I see it is we will only pay those wages if the signing on fee and agent fees are relatively low, otherwise there absolutely no point in signing this pay at his age . I would hope we are interested in him as he’s a free agent and seen as more of a bargain type signing, the figures you put certainly wouldn’t make him that, tbh we might as well get someone younger. This is my take on it whether I’m right or wrong I won’t argue it.

Tarkowski is an excellent player (better than ANY of our centre-halves) but I don’t think we can afford him.

Villa will offer him more money and he will go there.
what some on here reckon we have to pay to get him, it’s a massive swerve for me tbh he’s not that good anyway, we are good at getting players like him at his age, we have a great record of fails in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.