Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
90k per week is getting up to 5m a year, so 3 year deal he would cost us around 15m if there’s a signing on fee let’s say 1m he’s going to cost us 16m over 3 years, good deal or not?
no £90k a week player is getting a million sign on fee, it would be nearer 35mill and we pay agents fees! That now makes him a a £25mill player.

An equivalent 25 year old centre half may cost £15mill and be on a third of his wages as the prem pay so high thats why everyone comes here.

We can all bandy around figures but what we need to decide as a club is that he is the player for us, age, skill, pace (we dont have any and need it), salary and length of contract.

a player that has been at Burnley for so long may not have lots of ambition and so may be drawn to a club that will give him the 5 year deal he may want at £90k believing he is the one to keep them in the prem, we want players to get us to europe and don't personally think he is what we need.

At 22 them over the park invested upto 36 mill on konate on £70k a week for 5 years, thats approx £40 mill deal for a 22 year old, Tarkowski would probably be £30 mill with signing on fee etc. Where would your money go?

For those who argue the figures do the maths yourself!! Dont come back with a cheap shot of how to do maths please.

To be honest, this Season is the first time I’ve noticed him or heard him being mentioned. That doesn’t bode well for a 29 year old.

The main attraction is he is free and has PL experience. Not sure thats enough.

If we are to make several signings and judge what we've done as a whole, then Tarkowski on a free might look like a relatively decent acquisition. If he did sign ultimately we have to see of course.

It just feels somewhat templated to me and not indicative of fresh thinking as to how we do things. It might not turn out that way but in our position the temptation is to play safe. I'm not saying we fill the team with a bunch of unknowns in their early 20s but by the same token we actually have to go and find players for ourselves as well.

To be honest, this Season is the first time I’ve noticed him or heard him being mentioned. That doesn’t bode well for a 29 year old.

The main attraction is he is free and has PL experience. Not sure thats enough.

I just had got off the blower with Frank and told him to not pursue James Tarkowski because Bluestar from GOT has never heard of him.

Let’s be honest we all know how this pans out.

Option A goes to villa - ever present defensive rock who turns into prime John Terry with us all saying can’t believe we didn’t sign Tarkowski.

Option B signs for us- does his acl in first few games- can’t believe we signed that crock.

If we are to make several signings and judge what we've done as a whole, then Tarkowski on a free might look like a relatively decent acquisition. If he did sign ultimately we have to see of course.

It just feels somewhat templated to me and not indicative of fresh thinking as to how we do things. It might not turn out that way but in our position the temptation is to play safe. I'm not saying we fill the team with a bunch of unknowns in their early 20s but by the same token we actually have to go and find players for ourselves as well.
Think he's seen as a fit because we ship so many goals from set pieces. But then I sort of remember that was one of the reasons we signed Keane. Free transfers and loans look the most likely transfers in we have so unfortunately he looks like the type of player we will have to target.

No. In 2022 you're going to be well worse at finding attackers and midfielders if you don't incorporate some kind of data into the process. It's how you figure out Doucoure isn't that good before you buy him or identify that Olise is the real deal before he's playing elsewhere.
Or you just watch them play where you can see all the intangibles that a statistic can not represent.

I may get into football stats as a career, it's the epitome of money for old rope.

He’ll end up at Villa. Looks like Stevie Me has got money to spend, they are after that Bissouma from Brighton as well it seems.

Have we not learned?

Anyone getting paid £90-100k a week for us has to be the main top dog player. Richarlison fits that bracket. And we can afford 1 or 2 of them.

Anyone else shouldn't get anywhere near it.
Thats objectively not true. If 90,000 was the average wage across a 23 man squad our wage bill would be tens of millions less than it is currently. Its an average wage for a premier league player now...

He’ll end up at Villa. Looks like Stevie Me has got money to spend, they are after that Bissouma from Brighton as well it seems.
Rumours Villa are throwing more cash at him than our supposed offer. They seem to be after some other v expensive CB from La liga too.

Villa are getting their business done early, getting Bassey from Rangers according to the telegraph

Status
Not open for further replies.