Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think we're going to finish in the top half next season, so it's a build for me and with that in mind let's think longer term.

I don't think Tarkowski is any better than Keane nor Holgate. Stumping up c£100k a week for an average 30 year old (who's just got relegated) is completely uninspiring. Got to find better value and potential elsewhere.

???????????

I'm a bit indifferent to him.

I'm not sure he's a massive upgrade, although he would probably improve our set piece defence.

However, I can't face another season with Keane, Holgate and 10 games Mina. So it's a change from that.

I'm a bit indifferent to him.

I'm not sure he's a massive upgrade, although he would probably improve our set piece defence.

However, I can't face another season with Keane, Holgate and 10 games Mina. So it's a change from that.
I dont think hes a massive upgrade and I know ive beat up Mina in the past, but we cant rely on him, as great as he is at football and around the club, its a shame, but hes on massive wages as well. Sure we will trade Minas wage for, im not typing his full name ever again, im done, so we would trade Minas wage for JTs, WHAT? But hopefully we get somebody who can defend a corner, which would be tip top.

But yes, as I said before im also indifferent.

I dont think hes a massive upgrade and I know ive beat up Mina in the past, but we cant rely on him, as great as he is at football and around the club, its a shame, but hes on massive wages as well. Sure we will trade Minas wage for, im not typing his full name ever again, im done, so we would trade Minas wage for JTs, WHAT? But hopefully we get somebody who can defend a corner, which would be tip top.

But yes, as I said before im also indifferent.
It does have the solving one problem by creating another feel about it.

no £90k a week player is getting a million sign on fee, it would be nearer 35mill and we pay agents fees! That now makes him a a £25mill player.

An equivalent 25 year old centre half may cost £15mill and be on a third of his wages as the prem pay so high thats why everyone comes here.

We can all bandy around figures but what we need to decide as a club is that he is the player for us, age, skill, pace (we dont have any and need it), salary and length of contract.

a player that has been at Burnley for so long may not have lots of ambition and so may be drawn to a club that will give him the 5 year deal he may want at £90k believing he is the one to keep them in the prem, we want players to get us to europe and don't personally think he is what we need.

At 22 them over the park invested upto 36 mill on konate on £70k a week for 5 years, thats approx £40 mill deal for a 22 year old, Tarkowski would probably be £30 mill with signing on fee etc. Where would your money go?

For those who argue the figures do the maths yourself!! Dont come back with a cheap shot of how to do maths please.
Sorry but I don’t believe we would be paying anywhere remotely near 35 million signing on fee even by Everton standards that would be ridiculous. He would have been cheaper when he was under contact at Burnley a couple of years ago. But if you are right we might as well go and get a younger better player because for those figures we could get much better. Tarkwoski imo is a 15m player if he was under contract at a club, so why would we pay those ridiculous figures when he’s a free agent ?

I think he's a bit of a leader and organiser which is something we lack when Mina doesn't play if we are swapping him for Mina and bringing the Colwill kid in on loan and selling Holgate it Keane that makes sense to me

Status
Not open for further replies.