Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't think that we are going to get a half decent defender any cheaper. The days of getting a Seamus Coleman type of bargain are few and far between. I wish we could. But it's not likely. If Tarwokski can do a job , then get him in.
Of course I know what you mean. But were are all these bargain defender's. Branthwaite? Patterson? Mykolenko? Godfrey? All could be in the future great for Everton. As could Tarwokski. Who knows.
I do know what you are saying. But what if we get in a really cheap defender who proves to be useless. No money lost I guess. But time.....And goals lost. Along with points.can

Tarwokski imo could be good for Everton. Let's not get fixiated on his cost. If he did actually manage to tighten up our defence. Then that will do for me. Offload a few deadwood ( and we have plenty ). To counter his cost. Difficult I know. But isn't Tosun away. That's a start.
And who knows. Lampard and better players around him , might just unleash a gem. Or at least just a decent solid defender.
If we don't take the gamble. Then who knows.
Ps........where are all these young hungary cheap defenders going to come from. Not that many about. And the good ones aren't going cheap. And are not coming to Everton. Up The Toffees....
I think the issue becomes that you set a precedent for what average players can expect to earn here.

Nobody who considers themselves as good or better than him is going to settle for anything less than what he's earning, and agents know what everyone is earning.

You could be right about him being a decent player, though.

Yes and no. Tarkowski may ask for up to£10mill sign on fee(this will be his last one) and get it dependent on how desperate a club is for his services = £28.7mil at a start off age of 29 and no resell value up to the age of 33.

Konate total of £50mil but with a start off age of 22 on a four year deal he leaves after three to one of the so called big four or european big boys if successful with a figure that would dwarf his signing fee to reinvest.

Too long we have tried and failed to buy established players and failed miserably, the introduction of a nearly proven may be better than an only proven at a relegated side style of player.

There are far to many variables in transfers, the foreign player (Moise Kean) fails, the home grown but older player does not perform without his sidekick(Cottee and macKevennie), but as a supporter I have a gut feeling of who i want at Everton and for me its not Tarkowski. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong just giving my two penneth.

Not sure on the £10mil as i think thats factored into the wage increase with annual loyalty bonuses (Which Konate would get too).

At the moment we do need an experienced (at least a leader) centre back to push Keane and Mina out.

So perhaps not a signing to make money on

Incidentally @Ralphie Boy my view is that its a 1st choice stopgap until Branthwaite pushes into the first 11.

If thats 2 seasons then Tarwkowski becomes a rotation option in season 3. If a 4 year deal then a backup in year 4.

I think the issue becomes that you set a precedent for what average players can expect to earn here.

Nobody who considers themselves as good or better than him is going to settle for anything less than what he's earning, and agents know what everyone is earning.

You could be right about him being a decent player, though.

That is it for me, nothing outstanding.

Then his agent would just laugh us off the line and he'd take one of the other superior offers he has.

At 29 he will be looking for a long term deal...id hope its 3 years + 1 year option.
Like I said I'm NEA. Just stop the rot of spewing money down the drain. Let him FFF OFF to Villa.

If he wants to sign ............. offer him a one year deal with an option to extend to 2 and let's see how hungry he is. If not Jib him off.
You mean actually question if he's committed? Think Ancelotti is the template now,list the team's you'd jump ship for.?

Mate , I want a bunch of gritty pack animals on the pitch and in the stands. That is all.
I'd like that too,but sadly most Prem players are more interested in their social media account or which is the next team their agent has them linked with.

Anyone who is just using their eyes or just using data is going to do worse than teams that use all the tools at their disposal.
You can loosely use stats to go and look at a player. Anybody basing their opinion on stats is on a hiding to nothing, especially using some of the stats that mean absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.