Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's agree to disagree, I think we should be aiming for better, younger and less relegation weary.
I think central defenders we have could improve with better coaching and management stability which hopefully we now have with Frank at the helm.
Mina is the best centre back we have but purely on his injury record alone should be punted if we can get a half decent fee for him.
We still need new blood but if we were to get Tarkowski I would hope he'd be seen as a squad player and not the instant solution to our defensive problems but hey we both hope for the best outcome I'm sure any which way.

I completely agree with the sentiment expressed, I think we should aim for younger and better.

On a free is an advantage, but that's mitigated to a large extent by a possible big signing-on fee + likely longer contract and bigger wages.

I wouldn't blame the player, this will be his biggest change at a significant pay day.

I'd only be looking at this on a 2-Year deal with an option for a 3rd.

He'll get better offers than that, but in that case let it be from another club.

FFS. That Bassey lad? We should be in for him

Yes Big Bad Bassey.

When you see the business other clubs are doing it hits home that we are well and truly a midtable outfit these days.

Can't even see us entering the top 10 spots unless we can find a way to spend some dough !

You don’t need fast defenders to play a high line btw, bit of a myth that. Obvs it helps but not an absolute necessity

Yes Big Bad Bassey.

When you see the business other clubs are doing it hits home that we are well and truly a midtable outfit these days.

Can't even see us entering the top 10 spots unless we can find a way to spend some dough !

That's why we won't be until we balance the books and that could take a few more years yet, unless the Premier League finally jacks in the whole FFP thing

We're going to have to take it in stride and plod through the next few seasons until we finally have all the wage sponges off the books and can actually start to spend some money again

That's why we won't be until we balance the books and that could take a few more years yet, unless the Premier League finally jacks in the whole FFP thing

We're going to have to take it in stride and plod through the next few seasons until we finally have all the wage sponges off the books and can actually start to spend some money again

Or we could just go down the city route and the inevitable newcastle route and get someone to sponsor a gold toilet roll holder for 250m.

Tarkowski might not be a bad shout if we get him without a massive financial outlay (Inc. Wages). Particularly if we bring in a younger player with less experience (Particularly of the Premier league). Strikes me as being a good leader and mentally quite tough. Knows his position etc.

All about the blend of our recruitment going forward. Who complements who, what do we lack as a squad, what personal qualities do players bring.

Edit: oh and he stays fit.

Villa in talks for that Rangers CB.

Tarkowski is ours !

FFS. That Bassey lad? We should be in for him

Ive been reading people posting about Bassey since the Europa final.

Is it just based on one match?

You don’t need fast defenders to play a high line btw, bit of a myth that. Obvs it helps but not an absolute necessity
Remember AVB and his high line? Really need pace back there otherwise balls over the top can kill.

Let's agree to disagree, I think we should be aiming for better, younger and less relegation weary.
I think central defenders we have could improve with better coaching and management stability which hopefully we now have with Frank at the helm.
Mina is the best centre back we have but purely on his injury record alone should be punted if we can get a half decent fee for him.
We still need new blood but if we were to get Tarkowski I would hope he'd be seen as a squad player and not the instant solution to our defensive problems but hey we both hope for the best outcome I'm sure any which way.
True of course. Of course I'd want better but we just finished 16th and experience at CB is something you need and Keane is experienced but very inconsistent he is a form defender who loses confidence easily. Tarkowski strikes me as more reliable, just saw Johnny Evans extended his contract at 34 good CBs can go on longer, I would like a younger CB too but depends what our budget is it can't be very big we are reliant on sales I'm guessing. Which makes this deal attractive when we could sell a Keane or Mina and reinvest that in the midfield?

How come people are talking about Villa being in for him? They just signed a highly rated CB and have a solid pairing of Mings and Konsa already.

Meanwhile we are threadbare. He would walk into our team. If he genuinely chooses villa over us he must be mad given that. I could understand accepting more competition at a bigger club but Villa and us should be seen similarly by any metric.

How come people are talking about Villa being in for him? They just signed a highly rated CB and have a solid pairing of Mings and Konsa already.

Meanwhile we are threadbare. He would walk into our team. If he genuinely chooses villa over us he must be mad given that. I could understand accepting more competition at a bigger club but Villa and us should be seen similarly by any metric.

Villa signing a centre half from Sevilla.
Tarkowski ours then ?

@RFUS did you mean Kamara? He used to play CB but has moved into a DM role. Hes very good there so wont be a CB.

The Diego Carlos signing does mean that its unlikely they sign Tarmowski i think. Unless him being free means they still want to bring him in...cant see him and the Rangers kid also joining.

I think once a reliable journalist reports weve made an offer (i dont believe any have yet) and Lampard has spoken with him...Tarkowski would join us.

We need:
CB
DM
CM
FW

If Tarkowski comes in without a transfer fee then any funds we generate can go on 2 players with the 4th incoming being a loan.

Dont watch that much of villa tbh but id never class mings as solid. He's one of those players you sit watching your side just waiting for the error to come any minute. As an Evertonian we've had a fair few of them to know that feeling well.

Dont watch that much of villa tbh but id never class mings as solid. He's one of those players you sit watching your side just waiting for the error to come any minute. As an Evertonian we've had a fair few of them to know that feeling well.
Villas version of Holgate

One thing ive never really understood...

...how has Konsa not been capped yet Mings has?

Konsa is the superior player aside from heading.

With Carlos joining, will they also still go for Tarkowski and Bassey?

Ideally we get Tarkowsli but if Villa get both surely their players will be for sale.

They will be needing to sell a couple this window like Douglas-Luiz as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.