Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take Leicester for example. 160M on wages from their accounts. Take away 30M for for staff etc.. (on the high side)... Then let's say a squad of 25 players... That averages exactly at 100,000 per week.

The numbers are all open and available... For mid table clubs that's the average, for top of the table clubs it's a fair bit higher, and for Burnley, Southampton etc lower.
I do not have access to Leicester's salaries so cannot quote them. Indeed I do not have access to any premiership clubs salaries so what I have to do is use a tool to help me find the information, on this occasion I used Google and gave an average of different quoted average premiership salaries to come up with a figure of £50k per week average.

Now if you are ITK with the HR department at LCFC and have their salaries then that is all well and good but other clubs pay other salaries and that is why we have to be a little wise with any info be it salaries or transfers or signing on fees that football clubs give, they are shrouded in secrecy to try to avoid FFP!!

But 5/10 for trying.;)

You don’t need fast defenders to play a high line btw, bit of a myth that. Obvs it helps but not an absolute necessity
Footballing intelligence is needed though to catch players offside. Something we lack in defence.

Ive been reading people posting about Bassey since the Europa final.

Is it just based on one match?

Remember AVB and his high line? Really need pace back there otherwise balls over the top can kill.
Klopp got to Dortmund to a CL final with Subotic and Hummels stood on the halfway line mate, likewise Ajax were 20 seconds away from one with Daley Blind and De Ligt playing a high line

Pace defo helps but it’s not the be all and end all

Klopp got to Dortmund to a CL final with Subotic and Hummels stood on the halfway line mate, likewise Ajax were 20 seconds away from one with Daley Blind and De Ligt playing a high line

Pace defo helps but it’s not the be all and end all
Fair points.

Yes Big Bad Bassey.

When you see the business other clubs are doing it hits home that we are well and truly a midtable outfit these days.

Can't even see us entering the top 10 spots unless we can find a way to spend some dough !
wasn't it last summer window a lot of people were in awe of aston villas recruitment and they ended up a couple spots above us same with Leicester. nothing is certain

I do not have access to Leicester's salaries so cannot quote them. Indeed I do not have access to any premiership clubs salaries so what I have to do is use a tool to help me find the information, on this occasion I used Google and gave an average of different quoted average premiership salaries to come up with a figure of £50k per week average.

Now if you are ITK with the HR department at LCFC and have their salaries then that is all well and good but other clubs pay other salaries and that is why we have to be a little wise with any info be it salaries or transfers or signing on fees that football clubs give, they are shrouded in secrecy to try to avoid FFP!!

But 5/10 for trying.;)
Everton and Leicester both have similar wage spend from the last accounts. Both mid table sides...

Using your genius googling skills... £50,000/week average for 25 players comes to £65M.

So by your calculations Everton and Leicester are spending almost
£100M on salaries for non-players...

NO! Not very good, getting on a bit and seems to be expensive wage wise. There must be better alternatives but can Everton’s recruitment team be bothered to look ?‍♂️

Villa about to sign a 29 centre back for near 30m. Assume decent wages on top of that. Paying £90k a week over 5years is cheaper than this.
We should get 4 good seasons out of him. He really is decent player.
I was speaking to a former burnley player who thinks he is incredibly underrated and should be in the England set up

Everton and Leicester both have similar wage spend from the last accounts. Both mid table sides...

Using your genius googling skills... £50,000/week average for 25 players comes to £65M.

So by your calculations Everton and Leicester are spending almost
£100M on salaries for non-players...
Your point being?

Your point being?
I believe his point is that you've completely misunderstood his point?

@NeilA1878 was making a pretty good estimation at Leicester's player wage bill, based on their official accounts that are in the public domain (so he doesn't have to be part of their HR department).

He's been generous and put £30m of their £160m wage bill down to staff, which is almost certainly too much as he said, but it's sometimes better to allow more of a margin because we don't know exactly how many staff Leicester have and that £30m could also account for all the other workers in their organisation. But that shows that Leicester's average wage for players is somewhere in the region of £100k a week, which for a side that had finished 5th for two successive seasons before finishing 8th this year, is probably about average.

NO! Not very good, getting on a bit and seems to be expensive wage wise. There must be better alternatives but can Everton’s recruitment team be bothered to look ?‍♂️
He's pretty good, he's a good level CB who automatically improves on what we have bar Mina.

We also don't have any money to spend on fees until a) our accounting year ends (end of June) or b) we get money in from sales.

One thing ive never really understood...

...how has Konsa not been capped yet Mings has?

Konsa is the superior player aside from heading.

With Carlos joining, will they also still go for Tarkowski and Bassey?

Ideally we get Tarkowsli but if Villa get both surely their players will be for sale.

They will be needing to sell a couple this window like Douglas-Luiz as well.
Konsa has had a shocking season tbf. Classic second season in the PL where teams figure out his weakness. Good player though.

Mings gets in (got in) because he's left footed, simple as that. But even Southgate recognised how bad he was in the run-in, and he couldn't ignore Tomori anymore.

Yes Big Bad Bassey.

When you see the business other clubs are doing it hits home that we are well and truly a midtable outfit these days.

Can't even see us entering the top 10 spots unless we can find a way to spend some dough !
The season ended five days ago. Villa are the only club doing any business. They have rich owners, have money to spend (I remember saying this last year btw and others thought it was nonsense because they were 'just spending the Grealish money' and clearly are going to back Gerrard. It could all fall down around them next season anyway).

Everton can't sign players for a fee until either they get money in through sales or they are able to shift it to the next accounting year. As the accounts have to be in by the end of June, that means probably around sometime towards then.

Doesn't mean a player or two can't be signed before then for minimal outlay, which is what Tarkowski would be.

The season ended five days ago. Villa are the only club doing any business.

Everton can't sign players for a fee until either they get money in through sales or they are able to shift it to the next accounting year. As the accounts have to be in by the end of June, that means probably around sometime towards then.

Doesn't mean a player or two can't be signed before then for minimal outlay, which is what Tarkowski would be.

I think it'll be a miracle if we can catch up on our present budget tbh mate.

Villa long term may struggle but short term they should be ahead of us with the business they are doing as should Leicester and WHU.

Newcastle will push on with their financial might.

If the club had sense they would be touting DCL to the scab 6 and using a sale to rebuild the side.

Reactions: SJB

Status
Not open for further replies.