2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knew this when the other windows were open. Why did he wait until his only option was the desert? Why not make sacrifices to go to a better league?

He has a contract and wanted the club to honor it. I think when the window closed he expected he'd have chances to play here and there...but it became clear to him that Benitez was serious about freezing him out. But that's my speculating based on an out of shape Rondon starting, while Benitez criticized James' fitness.

I think the real impetus was outreach from the Colombian FA - they told him he could return and even gave the olive branch of giving advanced notice to Everton that he might be included in the Oct call ups...on the condition he get some minutes. That he agreed to this 72 hours after that conversation with his NT coach seems too coincidental after he had turned down a similar opp to play in Istanbul just a couple weeks earlier.

Soo how much is it costing us to get him off the wage bill ?
Well according to some he was on 15k a week and a box of out of date Chang beer. We ran out of the Chang. So If we have to throw a few million to oil wanderers FC then so be it.

When it’s written down like that you realise how concerning it is; the club has taken a massive u-turn towards purchasing mediocrity
Kean for Rondon in that list is the biggest joke. How little patience our fans had for Kean who can blame him for going.
Bernard underperforming every week as first choice winger had already forced Lookman to go elsewhere, so was happy to se ethe back of him.. and to be fair Gray there is a massive upgrade.

When it’s written down like that you realise how concerning it is; the club has taken a massive u-turn towards purchasing mediocrity
Really? I see the top list as being s group of players who don't really care? Nkounkou aside.

We see every single year teams with far less quality beat teams of higher quality who have no fight or desire.

Is it time to move this to the world football/farmers league thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.