2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think I've ever felt as out of touch with the club as I do right now.

I feel angry and sad and frustrated.

James, Kean, Bernard, Nkounkou - out

Rondon, Townsned, Begovic, Lonergan, Gray - in

Sigurdsson unaccounted for. At least Tosun is training.

Imagine if anyone had told you in May that that would be where the club went. And people expect us to be happy.

All while, as we know, not playing anywhere near the amount of games as the other wasters did.

A genuinely popular member of the squad. A world class player. We knew the issues, knew the risks.

We're left with crap. But at least they RUN RUN RUN (until they get outrun by QPR)
Our get it wide, get it in the box "tactic" isn't very hard to figure out. What are we going to do against clubs that figure out that if you stop the cross, you stop Everton? I don't see a plan B. I just hope we get to 40 points against the weaker sides in the league, I don't see us taking many points from the better teams in the league, unfortunately.

Our get it wide, get it in the box "tactic" isn't very hard to figure out. What are we going to do against clubs that figure out that if you stop the cross, you stop Everton? I don't see a plan B. I just hope we get to 40 points against the weaker sides in the league, I don't see us taking many points from the better teams in the league, unfortunately.
tbf we've scored a variety of goals so far (helped by two pens)

We just lack consistent quality. The closest we've got to consistency is Townsend, who I can't knock, he's delivering. But it's bloody depressing.

now close this thread!!
to stop the divisiveness it has created amongst the club followers... let us move on from james...
i suggest let us turn to other thread... and keep roasting the pig there, joke!!... i mean the fat waiter :D RAFAEL BENITEZ OUT!!!!!

tbf we've scored a variety of goals so far (helped by two pens)

We just lack consistent quality. The closest we've got to consistency is Townsend, who I can't knock, he's delivering. But it's bloody depressing.
I agree but we've not really played anyone from the top echelons of the division yet. I fear we may take a hiding or two.

That's the problem. He is above the team. It's hard to admit, but Everton aren't relevant anymore.

Imagine being a top footballer, who's won loads of trophies, rocking up to a club like Everton, where the players celebrate when Tom Davies manages to do 5 keepy ups.

Ancelotti kind of made the point with his sly dig at us in his first presser for real. He basically said something along the lines of "for real Madrid, only winning is classed as success. At Everton, you finish 10th and they're happy"
Did he say that? Cos no one was happy last season

The cruelest of fates to have had Rafael end up at Everton for James. You'd of thought it written rather than real life.

Trading the premier league for Qatar on the same wages is only about playing time as James knows that the Colombian NT is now his only shot at redemption.

Here's hoping he can stay healthy in Doha, and that Everton can find a way to stretch the billions they were paying him hourly into a true RB and some quality depth come January.

The cruelest of fates to have had Rafael end up at Everton for James. You'd of thought it written rather than real life.

Trading the premier league for Qatar on the same wages is only about playing time as James knows that the Colombian NT is now his only shot at redemption.

Here's hoping he can stay healthy in Doha, and that Everton can find a way to stretch the billions they were paying him hourly into a true RB and some quality depth come January.
He knew this when the other windows were open. Why did he wait until his only option was the desert? Why not make sacrifices to go to a better league?

Status
Not open for further replies.