2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davek, who is negative basically about everything, somehow loves Benitez

there are some things in this world that we are not meant to understand. That is one of them
It only seems like I "love" Benitez because of the extreme levels of weird hate displayed by a handful of refuseniks on here. What I actually say about Benitez is that he's our manager, he gets my support until he gets us into any trouble...and we could be in a lot of trouble this season if we're not careful.

It's all hands to the pump, unless you want the club to go on a suicide mission to get rid of another manager in-season and with this squad still there for any other manager to come in and have to get into shape.

If you care more about the club rather than your own selfish ends to rid a manager then you simply get behind the manager.

Didnt work out. Think he will be happy in the sun playing in the Mickey mouse league. Looks like a player who has decided the easy life, money and easy football is for him. Still a lovely player to watch. No work ethic but great technique and passing ability. Someday it would be great to be able to watch players with that ability and who want to play for everton at BM

This whole "pity he never got to play in front of a full goodison". ..... What's that all about???

The bloke has been treated like a king in Colombia, played for Real Madrid and Bayern Munich......... Are some fans expecting a rocking goodison singing a song to him is gonna make him turn into a different proposition?

Seriously. He's a great player with an enormous ego. He's not bothered. Our songs weren't enough to stop Lukaku from doing his monthly come and get me pleas on international duty.

This whole "pity he never got to play in front of a full goodison". ..... What's that all about???

The bloke has been treated like a king in Colombia, played for Real Madrid and Bayern Munich......... Are some fans expecting a rocking goodison singing a song to him is gonna make him turn into a different proposition?

Seriously. He's a great player with an enormous ego. He's not bothered. Our songs weren't enough to stop Lukaku from doing his monthly come and get me pleas on international duty.
I think it's simply the fans wanted to see what an actual footballer looked like. When you've had to endure Tom Davies, Andre gomes, Alex iwobi and filthy sigurdsson in your midfield, you forget what good looks like.

How in the world were we better last year? no pace in midfield last year we have now, the rest of the team is much the same.

I didn't say we were better last year. I just don't think we're improved when you consider the quality that has gone out and then come in.

We rely on Townsend for our creativity now. He is a step down on James.

We have a poorer back-up goalkeeper.

We have a back up striker that is at least more than we could say last season, but Rondon is going to need a lot of time to get anywhere close to speed. I'm talking months, here.

The one area we've really freshened up is Gray and I am delighted with his signing.

We still have no pace in our midfield, all we've done is let Doucoure off the hook a bit.

We are missing quality in attack and we lack any control in how we play - that has been consistent in every game so far this season.

We need our best players fit but it's a very, very, very average squad.

I wasn't Carlo's biggest fan in the back half of last season but if we get 59 points this year I'll be very surprised (and happily so, too)

I didn't say we were better last year. I just don't think we're improved when you consider the quality that has gone out and then come in.

We are missing quality in attack and we lack any control in how we play - that has been consistent in every game so far this season.

We need our best players fit but it's a very, very, very average squad.

I wasn't Carlo's biggest fan in the back half of last season but if we get 59 points this year I'll be very surprised (and happily so, too)

I think regardless, the quality even if it remained, wouldn't have been of any use anyway, as it was very clear James didn't want to play.

We're missing that quality, and I completely agree, but it's not sustainable keeping James on his wages, to sit around, not giving a toss. We have needed to for years change our model, and sign players with upside and resale value, like we did with the likes of Lescott and even though we never actually sold them, Cahill, Arteta, Jagielka etc... James was brilliant, but was a short term fix, which has left us where we are now.

To be honest, I don't understand what Benitez' gained from making excuses. If he came out and said The Club can't afford him or James wants to leave, people would immediately have diverted any blame.

James, Kean, Bernard, Nkounkou 1 of whom James was a good contributor but didn't want to be at the club, Gilfi was rubbish and we all called him dead wood and wanted him gone. Tosun is muck..
Rondon, Townsned, Begovic, Lonergan, Gray 2 of whom Townsend and Gray are doing well and look interested, Rondon is clearly not fit so needs time before we turn on him..
I fail to see how we are not at least a slightly better side than last season.
Give me cheap players who'll give 100% over expensive players who aren't arsed.
James and gylfi were our 2 most creative players last season. While I wanted gylfi gone, not if we also lost James. They were the only two players who could pick a pass out of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.