Welcome Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going for a guy who just come out of his last club on a massive downward trajectory looking totally bereft of ideas, whilst ignoring a guy who's star has been on the ascendency, winning the league over the riches of PSG with a limited squad turning his club around who where in a similar plight to ours regarding players.... Everton that:(:(:(
Galtier was there for the taking....

The article in the Athletic summarising his time at Wolves has put me in a positive space abou tthis.

The main reason, the bloke does not take any SH*T from the playing group. It's his way or out. And his way is work hard, stick to the structure and be consistent. That is exactly what half of our enigmatic, mentally inept squad need.

Carlo's light touch didn't suit our group, while he could certainly win games for us tactically, I don't think it was sustainable while we had to carry the dead weight riddled squad.

Now to make this work Brands must urgently sign a star RWB and pacey left-footed RW. His whole style is based around overlapping full backs and pacey/direct wingers. We also need another CB, as I just don't trust Holgate anymore.

Digne and Richarlison will work well on the left.

I see us lining up as such in a Nuno 3-4-3 system:

Pickford
Godfrey Mina ?
? Allan Doucoure Digne
? DCL Richarlison

James could potentially fill that RW role, but we would need a super quick and direct RWB to make it work.

Ideally, we would also sign a slightly more progressive/creative CM and then one of Allan and Doucoure play the deeper lying role.
Duarte, Dumfries, Neto.

Wasn't he getting really good players at Wolves by virtue of dodgy dealing with agents, something on those lines anyway.
Can't see our Dutch Master allowing that.
I'm already tightening my seat belt for the rocky ride ahead.

If its Nuno then lets back him!

He's a proven track record in the Prem, appears to be someone his players like, and good contacts in Portugal which seem to be producing a fair bit of talent recently.

Wolves played some good attacking football when he had his full squad so he's more than capable of doing that.

Fed up of hearing about this and that manager from Europe tbh. There have been a fair few who have done well in European leagues and then bombed in the Prem.

I said earlier in the thread that as long as the new manager was not either a former Liverpool player or manager or anyone called Sam Allardyce I would give it a year before I decided if I like him or not.

I was made up when we got Koeman and absolutely ecstatic when we got Carlo, sadly, both ended badly, so, what do I know, certainly not enough to write the new man off already. I will be behind him unless he proves that the job is too much for him.

One more point though, he is no closer to joining us than he was to joining Palace a few days ago, so, let’s wait and see.

I couldnt be less bothered about Everton now if i tried lads. Im close to jacking it in - dont think ill be going the game or watching them, honestly, just BE BOTHERED!!

He may get us good results, but theres still no ‘PLAN’ with Nuno. He doesnt scream strategy.
Id accept the bad results though, because theres a plan, a strategy there with a Potter or someone similar.

Cannot accept shabite with such short term appointments like Nuno though, i just cant. Lack of a plan, lack of imagination is embarrassing.

Dread to think how much this fella & his staff will cost us in 24 months time when Moshiri isnt happy that his short term manager hasnt delivered short term results & is binned.

It's looking like the beard will be the new boss, I can't say I'm a fan of this move, on the other hand I was delighted when we got Koeman, so maybe it will work out.. come on beard prove me wrong.

Big giant bowl of meh if true. Really uninspiring. Sacked by Wolves, was about to join Palace then we go for him. All very flat this and I can imagine this is lowest as a fan base we have been for some time. No optimism at all but maybe that’s for the best. Go into a new season with zero expectations and see what happens.
That’s what I feel. Totally uninspiring appointment. Expect the usual “everyone starts with a clean sheet” to explain why we’ll be stuck with Gomes, Sigurdsson etc. I really can’t be bothered with the up and down start to the season, the signing of a couple of Wolves players for extortionate fees, and the readymade excuse of ‘they’re not his players, give him time’.

Status
Not open for further replies.