Welcome Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea how I feel about this, one way or the other. Good, bad, who knows?
I think I'll just try to strike a balance somewhere between pessimism and guarded hope. Which actually boils down to a feeling of ... meh.

I think we should at least wait and give it a few games before slating the guy, presuming he is our new manager. Some of the negativity towards him is bordering on mass hysteria.
Just look at his track record
We want to go fowards and up
Im sorry Im sick of this mediocrity

Got to back him, board seem to have tried the big named managers which got us nowhere. I want to see a stylish brand of football and not what we have witnessed for far too long.
Hope he has the balls to move on the players and bring in some exciting talent. We haven't seen a good team ín 5 years, so if he can do these things over the next couple of seasons I'm OK with that.
BTW do managers apply for jobs these days or are they approached?.

Really wanted Everton to be brave and tap into the pontetial of graham potters attacking brave football on a bigger stage and budget.
If it looks like nuno. Well its possibly steady eddie time again. Probably lots of grit and bored to tears football but Everton dont do exciting anymore.
Smacks of a lets consolidate 7th-10th place for another 4/5years at least.
Uninspired with this but always ready to be pleasently surprised. And feel for any manager coming into this squad. At least he might punch a few of them who have been taking the p!ss.
Good luck fella. I'll get behind you either way.

Not particularly inspiring but not bad and certainly interesting and worthy of support as all Everton managers are.
I don't have any strong emotions either way but after the delight of appointing CA then that was going to be hard to match and maybe better that it wasn't given how things worked out.

Two consecutive seventh placed finishes after just being promoted is very good and certainly last season was a challenge given the injury to Jamie and the sales of Jota and Doherty.
It now looks as if Neves may leave as well.

We know Nuno has a special relationship with the Portuguese agent who helps him sign the best young Portuguese players but is that bad?

At Everton I believe Nuno will be working with Brands and the agent rather than independent of him..
Either way it is time to make an appointment, sign some players and plan for the new season,

I wanted Galtier or Conte or Simon but at the moment our project is not at a level to attract such managers and the rapid departure of Ancelotti probably didn't help.

Very often when you hear hoofbeats think horses not zebras.
Nuno was probably preferred target number one and the other more exotic names whetted our appetites for another appointment party but were all being marked against the preferred candidate to see if anybody who was interested might create a change of mind with those who made the decision.

Of course no appointment has been made yet but all the signs seem to point in the direction of Nuno.

AsI have already said not an appointment that has me jumping out of my chair but I think it may well be an appointment that will seem better as the time goes by, certainly that is my hope and really his career in England has generally been very positive.

If Nuno had been dragged from Wolves and appointed manager instead of Carlo a year and a half ago I think it would have seen as quite a coup by Everton, we are signing the same man...probably.

Totally underwhelming if true. A meh appointment for a meh squad. Being midtable every season is completely pointless. Honestly, it would be more exciting being a yo-yo club like Norwich.

Not particularly inspiring but not bad and certainly interesting and worthy of support as all Everton managers are.
I don't have any strong emotions either way but after the delight of appointing CA then that was going to be hard to match and maybe better that it wasn't given how things worked out.

Two consecutive seventh placed finishes after just being promoted is very good and certainly last season was a challenge given the injury to Jamie and the sales of Jota and Doherty.
It now looks as if Neves may leave as well.

We know Nuno has a special relationship with the Portuguese agent who helps him sign the best young Portuguese players but is that bad?

At Everton I believe Nuno will be working with Brands and the agent rather than independent of him..
Either way it is time to make an appointment, sign some players and plan for the new season,

I wanted Galtier or Conte or Simon but at the moment our project is not at a level to attract such managers and the rapid departure of Ancelotti probably didn't help.

Very often when you hear hoofbeats think horses not zebras.
Nuno was probably preferred target number one and the other more exotic names whetted our appetites for another appointment party but were all being marked against the preferred candidate to see if anybody who was interested might create a change of mind with those who made the decision.

Of course no appointment has been made yet but all the signs seem to point in the direction of Nuno.

AsI have already said not an appointment that has me jumping out of my chair but I think it may well be an appointment that will seem better as the time goes by, certainly that is my hope and really his career in England has generally been very positive.

If Nuno had been dragged from Wolves and appointed manager instead of Carlo a year and a half ago I think it would have seen as quite a coup by Everton, we are signing the same man...probably.
Not really. The Wolves owners have stake in Mendes company and thereby get some of Mendes best clients. Nuno is not the Mendes connect to that Portuguese talent, Wolves are.

Seems a likeable dude but I have a bad feeling about this.

Could just be my hangover though tbf.

God save us, I was right Moshiri is obsessed with Portugese
Another flop
Got a pap shot taken at a party at Mosh's home last week:

1623477408867.png

Just look at his track record
We want to go fowards and up
Im sorry Im sick of this mediocrity
We can do better, but we could do worse than him. I would argue that Santo did a fine job at Wolves. He hasn't relegated a side, he's not being appointed, based on a flash in the pan run of results ala Marco Silva. He has a bit of La Liga experience as well. I would be confident that Nuno Santo would do a good solid job for us. We had a manager with an excellent cv in Ancelotti, but the effer walked out on us. Sure i'm sick of the mediocrity as well, but at least we ain't a Nottingham Forest or a Sheffield Wednesday i suppose. Im not writing off any supposed managerial reign here, before a ball is kicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.