Welcome Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves fan here
The majority of wolves fans were gutted to see Nuno leave not just the manager but the man himself he donated 1/4 million pounds to the cities Foodbank’s as well as donating ventilators to hospitals in Portugal and sizeable donations to our own hospital in Wolverhampton
In over 40 years I’ve never known such a bond between the manager and the fans.
Last season was poor compared with the two previous ones however there were mitigating circumstances
Our 19/20 season started in July with Europa league and finished 13 months later with defeat to Sevilla in the quarter finals we had no preseason no friendlies due to international games that meant the players and nuno had no preparation for the 20/21 season.

Our best defender Johnny had a long term injury, Jimenez was injured. Players that were important to us missed large chunks of the season, podence Neto and Boly.
Despite all that we still finished 19 points above relegation, Nuno had to play safety first to ensure that we survived.
2 7th placed finishes and one 13th isn’t that bad.
If you get pre covid Nuno I could see him doing well anything completely different experience for him with expectation being much higher.

Not sure what to expect with our new manager seems a gamble and he has large shoes to fill.

if spurs appoint Fonseca that’s 3 Portuguese managers in the premier league. Let the Portuguese battle commence. :)

A9F2C40C-C82F-41EC-83C8-B8429D0E3A14.jpeg

…the last ex-goalkeeper we appointed quickly became our ex-manager.

i hope he does well but the omens aren’t good.

Looking more and more like it will be Nuno. I wish I had the crystal ball some people seem to have. Should I do the lottery today?

Big giant bowl of meh if true. Really uninspiring. Sacked by Wolves, was about to join Palace then we go for him. All very flat this and I can imagine this is lowest as a fan base we have been for some time. No optimism at all but maybe that’s for the best. Go into a new season with zero expectations and see what happens.

Looks like these folk will be on his staff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-12_071633.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-12_071633.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 110
If your manager was on the verge of joining Palace of all teams, you are doing it wrong..

Going for a guy who just come out of his last club on a massive downward trajectory looking totally bereft of ideas, whilst ignoring a guy who's star has been on the ascendency, winning the league over the riches of PSG with a limited squad turning his club around who where in a similar plight to ours regarding players.... Everton that:(:(:(

If this happens it's a Stella signing....as in Mosh must have been caning it to seriously think this is our best option.

Caveat : I sincerely hope and pray this comment bites me on the ass in seasons to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.