Welcome Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we tried the 'worldy' managerial 'royalty' type with Carlo - who shat on us.

Let's be honest, we are not exactly in a situation where we can pick 'n choose the very best and Nuno is the type we normally go for. So we have to back him and he deserves to have the obligatory two years to show he can progress us - next season we may have to suffer yet another transition so it will be the season after when we should hopefully see what he's made of. Anyway, welcome Nuno!

Ultimately it is a type of risk averse appointment you would expect of an accountant,
He has hopefully garnered enough PL experience to make relegation unlikely, a safe pair of hands I suppose.
But his style of football is equally unlikely to take us higher than the 7th place he had already achieved, which is why his previous employers dispensed with his services.
His mediocre standing also means he is unlikely to demand more funding for better players.
He is the quintessential mid table manager for the quintessential mid table team.
After seemingly having our dreams answered with a wealthy owner it feels like we are returning back to the Kenwright/Moyes era only now it will be Moshiri/Santos, just with a flasher ground.
Only fly in the ointment is the dour football and how long an increasingly impatient group of supporters will endure it this time round.
It would have been simpler to just reappoint Moyes.

Well we tried the 'worldy' managerial 'royalty' type with Carlo - who shat on us.

Let's be honest, we are not exactly in a situation where we can pick 'n choose the very best and Nuno is the type we normally go for. So we have to back him and he deserves to have the obligatory two years to show he can progress us - next season we may have to suffer yet another transition so it will be the season after when we should hopefully see what he's made of. Anyway, welcome Nuno!
We paid Carlo £11m a year. Go look up how many managers are paid more. You can probably count on your hands. We pay better than almost every single club in world football.

465FD363-FE58-43D6-A090-FB898A8DE661.jpeg

What a load of rubbish.

I understand what you’re saying , although the obvious fear from many blues is that we hire this guy and we end up once again saying the same things.

“We currently don’t have the appeal for certain standings of managers”
“We are in transition “
“We need stability”

I’ll be honest, I’m not excited at all and I want the fella to do well to break this cycle because you can see it for yourself , people are tired and frustrated with the club and feel like it’s a monotonous drag. If you look at what keeps happening it’s understandable surely that some fans are cynical and cheesed off.

The ones making these decisions need calling out if anything , look at those AGMs, sickening self adulation year on year , it makes me gag how sycophantic and hive mind like the club has become in some aspects. It’s own worst enemy.

The article in the Athletic summarising his time at Wolves has put me in a positive space abou tthis.

The main reason, the bloke does not take any SH*T from the playing group. It's his way or out. And his way is work hard, stick to the structure and be consistent. That is exactly what half of our enigmatic, mentally inept squad need.

Carlo's light touch didn't suit our group, while he could certainly win games for us tactically, I don't think it was sustainable while we had to carry the dead weight riddled squad.

Now to make this work Brands must urgently sign a star RWB and pacey left-footed RW. His whole style is based around overlapping full backs and pacey/direct wingers. We also need another CB, as I just don't trust Holgate anymore.

Digne and Richarlison will work well on the left.

I see us lining up as such in a Nuno 3-4-3 system:

Pickford
Godfrey Mina ?
? Allan Doucoure Digne
? DCL Richarlison

James could potentially fill that RW role, but we would need a super quick and direct RWB to make it work.

Ideally, we would also sign a slightly more progressive/creative CM and then one of Allan and Doucoure play the deeper lying role.

The article in the Athletic summarising his time at Wolves has put me in a positive space abou tthis.

The main reason, the bloke does not take any SH*T from the playing group. It's his way or out. And his way is work hard, stick to the structure and be consistent. That is exactly what half of our enigmatic, mentally inept squad need.

Carlo's light touch didn't suit our group, while he could certainly win games for us tactically, I don't think it was sustainable while we had to carry the dead weight riddled squad.

Now to make this work Brands must urgently sign a star RWB and pacey left-footed RW. His whole style is based around overlapping full backs and pacey/direct wingers. We also need another CB, as I just don't trust Holgate anymore.

Digne and Richarlison will work well on the left.

I see us lining up as such in a Nuno 3-4-3 system:

Pickford
Godfrey Mina ?
? Allan Doucoure Digne
? DCL Richarlison

James could potentially fill that RW role, but we would need a super quick and direct RWB to make it work.

Ideally, we would also sign a slightly more progressive/creative CM and then one of Allan and Doucoure play the deeper lying role.

Did you see him last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.