Welcome Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
One wolves fan called it rope a dope football and once they concede first usually it was game over
Yeh I think his record of going behind was shocking. Also something about they never turned up until the second half. I know a lot of wolves fans and they were more wound up by his press conferences. You never know who is injured or returning from injury etc.

That’s what I feel. Totally uninspiring appointment. Expect the usual “everyone starts with a clean sheet” to explain why we’ll be stuck with Gomes, Sigurdsson etc. I really can’t be bothered with the up and down start to the season, the signing of a couple of Wolves players for extortionate fees, and the readymade excuse of ‘they’re not his players, give him time’.

It’s just the same old isn’t it. And that’s not Nuno’s fault. Nothing against him at all. He’s walking into a right mess and into a fan base that has had enough of the incompetence of all involved in the club. Imagine he doesn’t hit the ground running? I fear for us at the moment

5 at the back with 2 defensive midfielders. Wolves fans said he was more interested in defensive shape than anything. Basically the same as ancelotti. We won’t be getting any exciting football. He will make us hard to beat but and everything relies on getting balls into the box from the fullbacks.

Would suit our squad then

Just looked him up and he was a goalkeeper! Don't think they are allowed to be managers so this is isnt happening

Would suit our squad then
It will if we replace Coleman. If people took the positives out of Carlo leaving that we would potentially play a better style of football then this appointment won’t make us play a better style.

However he does like fast wingers and full backs so finally he will sort out the right hand side of the pitch.

….I hope we haven’t pandered to his requirements re salary & length of contract.. The club hold the aces. I’m less bothered by backroom staff, I‘d prefer him surrounded by people who know what they are doing.

5 at the back with 2 defensive midfielders. Wolves fans said he was more interested in defensive shape than anything. Basically the same as ancelotti. We won’t be getting any exciting football. He will make us hard to beat but and everything relies on getting balls into the box from the fullbacks.

One wolves fan called it rope a dope football and once they concede first usually it was game over

He plays the same style of football we played last season but...more negatively.

Relies on Traore / Neto on the counter and Jimenez up top. Previously Jota as well and then last season gone, the kid Fabio Silva when Jimenez was crocked.

Loves a tiny squad of 18 players.

Ancelotti stated he would change things to play higher up the pitch and more attractively next season.

Nuno has stayed negative for 3 seasons.

Wolves ditched him and Palace didnt cave into his demands (though why he felt he was in a position to demand anything is beyond me).

Moshiri has bent over for a manager who the majority of fans dont want.

Quite frankly disgusting.

He plays the same style of football we played last season but...more negatively.

Relies on Traore / Neto on the counter and Jimenez up top. Previously Jota as well and then last season gone, the kid Fabio Silva when Jimenez was crocked.

Loves a tiny squad of 18 players.

Ancelotti stated he would change things to play higher up the pitch and more attractively next season.

Nuno has stayed negative for 3 seasons.

Wolves ditched him and Palace didnt cave into his demands (though why he felt he was in a position to demand anything is beyond me).

Moshiri has bent over for a manager who the majority of fans dont want.

Quite frankly disgusting.
Always confused me that when he got them in Europe. He’s got no chance of that here as we have too many on the books and need to buy and will struggle to sell lol

Ancelotti’s main advantage was his past successes gave people the belief that he could improve the team given time, which allowed me to hope we could at the very least gain some stability and build .
He was also fortunate that most of the games were played without crowds because the home form was shocking and the football dire.
Santos will not have that advantage , and he does not play attacking football which I think means he will have to get results quickly to stop the supporters turning against him.
I would have preferred a braver choice, not a ‘big name’ manager necessarily but a younger up and coming manager who coached fast attacking football.
I am so tired of watching Everton teams playing defensive , dour football and with each failed managerial appointment my patience and forbearance grows shorter while my disillusionment and disbelief grow commensurately stronger.
Yeah again ill not disagree with much of that, but the list of managers we spoke to all will have had areas of our fanbase against them from the start.
Imo we need to give whoever got the job our full support and a proper chance at making it work or we'll become an even uglier merry-go-round of a club.

This guy will probably get the full backing once things settle down, but he is about 6/7 games before the fans start to turn and it may turn nasty.

The difference being if he was in charge last season we would have been calling for his head.

Mr Mosheri this one is on you

Status
Not open for further replies.