Homepage Update: Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just read on your Echo site you made a £8m bid :blush:

Bloody hell we're crap and skint but that's not even close to an offer that will get him it'll have to be nearer £20m with a few add ons imo
Don't believe the Echo pal

If we've bid £8m we've taken the absolute piss there. I know you go in lower than you want to pay but that low just seems disrespectful, if i was the selling club I'd hold out for more now.

Bloody hell we're crap and skint but that's not even close to an offer that will get him it'll have to be nearer £20m with a few add ons imo

I've no idea if we have bid mate & we all know how much the idea of clubs lowballing transfer offers for our players gets on our nerves, I certainly wouldn't take the report at face value.

However you've asked for £30m , which I think most of us can agree you almost certainly aren't going to get . So if , big if , the offer is £8m and say another £4m in add ons the that wouldn't be a wholly ridiculous opening gambit would it ?

Like I say I've no idea on any bids nature and derisory offers obviously get on fans nerves but by the same token negotiations start somewhere and you've asked for £30m there is going to be haggling and more so if there isn't huge demand .

The echo know naff all. Doubt that's true.

If it is that's annoying though. There's haggling and then there's just a derisory offer.

If i was you guys i would reject any furthar offer that comes your way from us.
Pickford would be my choice but the bid (if they have bid) is so disrespectful.

Its like when Chelsea have made bids for Stones & Lukaku in the past, i think there opening bid for Stones was 21 million, which they knew wouldnt get accepted, purely to unsettle the players and get the bid out there
And also when Utd bid about 24mil for both Baines & Fellaini, we were fuming over that and haven't forgiven Moyes because of it

Status
Not open for further replies.