Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking for a fan forum for Fraser Hornby's loan to KV Kortrijk and got the following message once I switched to the English version:
"You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never" **

Worse than Dan...:oops:

Maybe @Dutch Toffee might have more luck with the Flemish version?

** On further investigation, I see Mr Bungle is one of the top posters on that forum. The plot thickens.
Hell of a video this :

It doesn't mention it on our website, but on the Kortrijk website (via translation) it says they have the option to purchase him at the end of the loan...'Fraser Hornby is rented until the end of the season with option to purchase . He will play with the number 9.'

It doesn't mention it on our website, but on the Kortrijk website (via translation) it says they have the option to purchase him at the end of the loan...'Fraser Hornby is rented until the end of the season with option to purchase . He will play with the number 9.'
Well that purchase option is an incentive for them to play him . Hope it works out for him , he had an initial surge following his conversion from a midfielder where his height and strength were utilised but then he stagnated , maybe he doesn’t have it in him and should return to midfield, maybe we’ve failed to help him develop striker skills like hold up play, maybe a bit of both. Good luck to him , it may take him a few years but there are Leagues out there where even Oumar was a prolific scorer.

League Cup
Hull City - Matthew Pennington played full match in 2-2 away defeat (penalties) to Preston North End
Josh Bowler started and was substituted in the 61st minute

OS Match Report
"Bowler won his side a free kick inside the opening minute when he was brought down on the right edge of the Preston box but a dangerous delivery was cleared by the Preston defence, before Magennis and Toral combined to set up a chance for Bowler inside the box but a low shot only found the side-netting."
"McCann’s men continued to give it everything and got a deserved reward in the last of five minutes of added time. Stewart’s ball into the box was nodded back across by Pennington and Bowen was there to bundle it over the line and force a penalty shoot-out."

Twitter stuff
8' - Bowler gets the first chance of the game. McKenzie cuts out a promising-looking attack from Preston before setting Magennis on his way. The winger moves it across the field to Bowler, who beats Ginnelly for pace but cannot hit the target.

No particular fan comments.

Joao Virginia was on the subs bench for Reading (in the League Cup - played their 'other' keeper, I think).

Kieran Dowell and Nathan Broadhead (hip injury) not in matchday squads.

Connolly is a player I’ve always liked , though he’s never exhibited great pace or one skill that made him stand out as destined for the first team . His biggest skill is his versatility, i think with their management and set up it will be a good move for him . Give a couple of those narky blokes from last night a wee wack in training Callum.

Connolly is a player I’ve always liked , though he’s never exhibited great pace or one skill that made him stand out as destined for the first team . His biggest skill is his versatility, i think with their management and set up it will be a good move for him . Give a couple of those narky blokes from last night a wee wack in training Callum.

...agree, any manager will find his versatility very useful and he can pop up with a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.