Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The championship was always probably too high a level for Virginia to be starting out, he should maybe drop a level or 2 in January. Starting at non league level didn't do pickford any harm

....those mistakes at any level would see him replaced. Problem for a keeper is he’ll need his replacement to suffer injury or serious loss of form to find a way back.

A season-long loan is a season-long loan. Can’t see us recalling him, can only see him moving if another club are in desperate need for a keeper and Reading are happy to let him go. Unlikely.

If we were to get DCL, Davies and Kenny playing regularly for us as Premiership from that group it would be a brilliant return on top of the profit from the sale of Lookman.

The lack of interest in Connolly surprises me, he obviously isn't part of our squad but hasn't moved on either.

Yeah it's interesting that - I wonder if at England level there's any mentoring to help players progress, apart from what the clubs ovver. It seems like it would be a good idea if someone in the England camp kept an eye on youth players to help see how they are going. To go from U20 world cup winners to oblivion must be hard for young players to handle, and if they are on the fringes of a PL club, or first team somewhere else, mentoring would help a lot. Davies, DCL, Kenny would be great return you're right. It may be irrational and not based on 100% football potential but for some reason I just want them to do really well and play for England and score lots and be successful

Kenny starting against Bayern on BTSport3

Noticed that earlier but 1am here and im too tired to watch :)

Hopefully he does well against them, really good move for him.

Pity Davies / DCL havent got season long loans like this where they can start games all season agsinst decent sides. If only we had more strength in depth.

Championship
Derby County - Kieran Dowell played full match in 1-1 home draw with West Bromwich Albion

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"Dowell poor"
"I’ve defended him so far but that’s two poor games from Dowell now. We’re asking him to play a box to box midfield role and I’m not sure it suits him. He struggled today."
"Jury still out on Dowell. I really hope he isn't one of these entitled prima donnas who has a vastly inflated view of his own ability - his set pieces today were largely dreadful and I really didn't like his rowing with our strikers late on when it was him who had been clearly at fault."
"Dowell not shining as we thought he might"
"Other than being a steady midfielder, I still dunno what Dowell's strengths actually are. He does seem above average - but not by much."

Hull City - Josh Bowler started on the bench and came on in the 87th minute of a 1-3 home defeat to Bristol City

German Bundesliga
Schalke 04 - Jonjoe Kenny played full match in 0-3 home defeat to Bayern Munich

Fan comments
"Kenny, who otherwise played well, with very adventurous tackling technique..."
"On the penalty he unfortunately stumbles over his own legs and falls unintentionally into the Munich player. Otherwise also today... a solid performance. Especially the crosses.."
"I like this lad a lot, he has everything a good defender needs. Sadly badly positioned for the penalty."
"A mixture of unlucky and impetuous for the penalty. It happens. He also seemed inhibited afterwards. But I am enormously optimistic about him."

Joao Virginia was an unused sub for Reading.
Matthew Pennington, Nathan Broadhead and Korede Adedoyin were not in matchday squads.

Made up for kenny. Doing the brave step of moving leagues. Penalty was so unlucky for him and his crossing has improved massively. Hope he comes back as long term replacement and future captain.
Or maybe you're just seeing him in a different light.

Made up for kenny. Doing the brave step of moving leagues. Penalty was so unlucky for him and his crossing has improved massively. Hope he comes back as long term replacement and future captain.

He's good going fowards but his defending kinda sucks. Chillwell was owning him at will when we played the Foxes.

Just looking for a fan forum for Fraser Hornby's loan to KV Kortrijk and got the following message once I switched to the English version:
"You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never" **

Worse than Dan...:oops:

Maybe @Dutch Toffee might have more luck with the Flemish version?

** On further investigation, I see Mr Bungle is one of the top posters on that forum. The plot thickens.

Just looking for a fan forum for Fraser Hornby's loan to KV Kortrijk and got the following message once I switched to the English version:
"You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never" **

Worse than Dan...:oops:

Maybe @Dutch Toffee might have more luck with the Flemish version?

** On further investigation, I see Mr Bungle is one of the top posters on that forum. The plot thickens.
Same message here. Says you have to register before being able to use (read) the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.