Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they won the U20 World cup i had high hopes of Lookman, Dowell, Davies, DCL and Kenny. I think Connolly was in the World Cup and Davies was just looking good. I'm not saying they were like Man U's golden generation but they looked good, and covered all positions on the pitch and looked like it could be a core group for years to come. I love our young players and especially local ones, even if they're not yet doing well, so I've still got hopes they will succeed, but in the meantime does anyone think of any good young players who can really really make it? From my list, I think realistically DCL and Davies could make it in a few years here, and maybe Kenny. Lookman may be like a Walcott of the future -which is an excellent career - but the others probably Championship or mid-table Premier League.

Who do you think is realistically going to be making it at Everton or another PL club? I'm not so in touch with our U23s any more. Lewis Gibson looked good in pre-season.

When they won the U20 World cup i had high hopes of Lookman, Dowell, Davies, DCL and Kenny. I think Connolly was in the World Cup and Davies was just looking good. I'm not saying they were like Man U's golden generation but they looked good, and covered all positions on the pitch and looked like it could be a core group for years to come. I love our young players and especially local ones, even if they're not yet doing well, so I've still got hopes they will succeed, but in the meantime does anyone think of any good young players who can really really make it? From my list, I think realistically DCL and Davies could make it in a few years here, and maybe Kenny. Lookman may be like a Walcott of the future -which is an excellent career - but the others probably Championship or mid-table Premier League.

Who do you think is realistically going to be making it at Everton or another PL club? I'm not so in touch with our U23s any more. Lewis Gibson looked good in pre-season.
I still haven't given up on the likes of Ryan Ledson and Joe Williams working their way back up to PL level, whether back with us or someone else. I think Connolly needs to leave and join a team where he plays every week too. Dowell seems to follow a similar pattern on every loan he goes on. No idea if he will find enough consistency or not. Lookman's a funny one too. If he does well at Leipzig he'll be in the shop window all over Europe and he's already got CL football. Davies and DCL are already useful (arguably) squad players.

If we were to get DCL, Davies and Kenny playing regularly for us as Premiership from that group it would be a brilliant return on top of the profit from the sale of Lookman.

The lack of interest in Connolly surprises me, he obviously isn't part of our squad but hasn't moved on either.

....it’s difficult to see somebody else wanting to play him. I think his best chance is to sit tight in the hope of him getting a chance to prove himself.
also true, it's difficult. their new goalie made the best possible start and him the worst one. he seems a really promising player so it's a shame, but at least he's still so young (esp for a goalie)

It's a shame that Dowell seems to get the same comments everywhere he goes. Doesn't suggest he's making a great deal of progress.

I cannot see Dowell ever donning the royal blue shirt ever at senior level. 3 Championship clubs and they all have said the same things about him so no progression at all.

....it’s difficult to see somebody else wanting to play him. I think his best chance is to sit tight in the hope of him getting a chance to prove himself.

The championship was always probably too high a level for Virginia to be starting out, he should maybe drop a level or 2 in January. Starting at non league level didn't do pickford any harm

Status
Not open for further replies.