Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Championship
Nottingham Forest - Kieran Dowell started on the bench, was brought on in the 89th minute and was booked in a 0-0 away draw with Burton Albion

Twitter stuff
89' Burton 0-0 #NFFC: Final Forest sub sees Tomlin replaced by Dowell
90+1' Burton 0-0 #NFFC: Dowell is shown a yellow card for kicking the ball away

Bolton Wanderers - Antonee Robinson played the full match in 0-2 away defeat at QPR

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"Robinson was back to his worst"
(with a couple of other unprintable comments)

Sunderland - Tyias Browning started and was substituted at half time in a 0-2 home defeat by Brentford

OS Match Report
"Brentford also had chances and a timely recovery from Ty Browning denied Maupay a clean run at goal"

Fan comments
"Browning 3 - petrified. Rabbit in the headlights. Hooked at half time to avoid further embarrassment."
"Browning 3: clumsy, no positional sense, regualalry pisses away possession"

La Liga
Sevilla - Sandro started on the bench and came on in the 43rd minute of a 2-1 away win over Las Palmas

Boris Mathis was an unused sub for Northampton Town.
Brendan Galloway and Harry Charsley were not in the matchday squads.

...Connolly playing left midfield for Ipswich against Norwich in the live game on Sky at the moment. Always a competitive derby match. Funny they call it the ‘Old Farm’ Derby.

Last edited:
Championship
Ipswich Town - Callum Connolly played full match and was booked in 1-1 away draw at Norwich City

OS Match Report
"Callum Connolly was much closer with am 30 yard free-kick that Gunn held at the second attempt as Gleeson looked to pounce."

Twitter stuff
CLOSE! @Callum1connolly strikes a free-kick from some distance which Gunn can't hold onto before Garner goes to ground in the box, but the referee decides there was no foul
67' @Callum1connolly now booked for a tackle on Maddison in a very dangerous area...

No particular fan comments about him.

Leeds United - Matthew Pennington played full match and was booked in 2-2 home draw with Bristol City

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
44' Matthew Pennington is booked for a foul on Reid 0-2

Fan comments
Pennington 3/7 - much more assured second half, liability in the first - hence the 2 scores
Penny-5 . .Not good enough was far to easily bullied.
Pennington 4.5 - a bit better in the second half after a poor first half

I thought Connolly looked comfortable playing left midfield at this level, nothing outstanding though, but he’s getting good experience. It’s difficult to see where he’s going to compete for a place next season, particularly if we buy a new left back. Joe Williams and Benigime will also be competing for mid field spots and playing in a similar way, as well as the “established “ players.

I thought Connolly looked comfortable playing left midfield at this level, nothing outstanding though, but he’s getting good experience. It’s difficult to see where he’s going to compete for a place next season, particularly if we buy a new left back. Joe Williams and Benigime will also be competing for mid field spots and playing in a similar way, as well as the “established “ players.

He's only 20 so maybe another loan next year to a top Championship team or a newly promoted PL team?

I've said before that he could well be a Phil Neville type of player that can do a decent job in multiple positions. If you look at the best sides, they usually have that kind of player in the squad, and those players often get 30 games a season, despite not being first choice in any position.

I've said before that he could well be a Phil Neville type of player that can do a decent job in multiple positions. If you look at the best sides, they usually have that kind of player in the squad, and those players often get 30 games a season, despite not being first choice in any position.

..very good point, those types are worth their weight in gold. Old fellas like me will remember Sandy Brown from yesteryear, Allan Harper and Kevin Richardson in more recent times.

..very good point, those types are worth their weight in gold. Old fellas like me will remember Sandy Brown from yesteryear, Allan Harper and Kevin Richardson in more recent times.
Ah Sandy Brown, “the player with the most”. Yeah good types , along with Neville, for Connolly to be compared with , potentially he can complement the likes of Dowell, Lookman , Onyekuru in future years.

Mathis is looking like an odd one. He'll be 21 by the time next season starts, and he can't even get a game for Northampton. Can't even claim he was only bought to bolster the under 23s because he's not playing for them. Very strange.

Bundesliga
Red Bulls Leipzig - Ademola Lookman made his full league debut in a 1-2 away defeat to Eintracht Frankfurt

OS Match Report
"7th Minute: The first half-chance for our team. After a muddle in the Eintracht defence Ademola Lookman shoots but it is blocked."
"23rd Minute: Leipzig have the next good chance almost directly from the kick-off. Lookman plays Augustin through but his flat shot hits the side netting."

Sam Byrne came on as a late substitute for Dundalk FC in their season opener at home to Bray in the League of Ireland. The game finished 0-0 and was a largely dour encounter. Byrne played on the right wing and only had a few touches of the ball.

Championship
Barnsley - Joe Williams played full match and was booked in 1-2 home defeat to fellow strugglers Burton Albion

OS Match Report
"That goal rocked the Reds and they struggled to break down a stubborn and direct Albion side for the remainder of the half, a long range Joe Williams effort the only real shot of note"

Twitter stuff
26 - Joe Williams is taken out in the middle of the pitch and we have a delay in the game for his injury. No free-kick given.
54 - Yellow card for Joe Williams for a foul in the middle of the pitch.

Fan comments
"Williams - 5 tried hard and put in a few decent tackles but he was given all the responsibility to try and create, but that isn’t his game"
"I like Williams but I think he’s trying to hard at the moment which has meant him giving the ball away more and more frequently."
"He's been awful since October. Poor first touch, can't pick a pass and can't shoot."

Nottingham Forest - Kieran Dowell started and was substituted in the 66th minute of a 1-1 home draw with Reading

OS Match Report
"Forest had the ball in the back of the net on eight minutes as Ben Brereton turned in Dowell’s teasing cross from the right, only to see the flag raised for offside"

Twitter stuff
8' #NFFC 0-0 Reading: Forest have the ball in the net as Ben Brereton heads home Kieran Dowell's cross but the offside flag is up.

Fan comments
"I thought Dowell had a decent first half but faded quite badly, my gripe has been that he is a luxury that we currently can’t afford, but tonight for a while he got stuck in and supported Brereton."
"Dowell looked much better."
"Dowell was big useless"
"Dowell still looks off form"

Antonee Robinson was an unused sub in Bolton's game with Sunderland.
Harry Charsley, Tyias Browning (injury?) and Brendan Galloway were not in matchday squads for same game.

Status
Not open for further replies.