Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
..not sure about; ‘the whole point of Everton sending the LB on loan was to get him regular football in order to aid his development’.

The cynic in me suspects Everton have made up their mind about Galloway (and other loanees) and he has no future at the club. The aim is to get his wages off the books and Sunderland have committed to do this until the end of the season.
Have to agree with that, if you're sending a 22 year old on loan to League One it's not because you think he's going to be the answer to your problems with a bit more experience.

not sure if this has been covered but the boy Henry has won young player of the year in Belgium

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/02/07/henry-onyekuru

no brainer to get him back in the squad for next year assuming the permit issue is now resolved? Looks a great prospect....and a feather in Walsh's cap
Needs to go to the World Cup as a starter to get a permit before next season i reckon, big ask considering his injury. Nigeria have a tasty kit too so hes surely dying to get intovit on the big stage.

nigeria-2018-world-cup-home-kit-4.jpg

Championship
Barnsley - Joe Williams played full match in 1-1 home draw with Sheffield Wednesday

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"Williams - 4 - Poor. Tackled well but used the ball terribly."
"Thought Williams deserved a 5"
"Williams - 7. Decent game for me."
"Williams used the ball terrible ?? Come off it mate he was class today and had highest pass rate on our team look at the stats, you obviously didn’t watch much of this game"
"thought Williams had a good game today."
"Williams is my favourite player, and for me our player of the season, but his distribution is poor to say the least, he gives it away more then any other player, but he wins it back more than any other player, so it’s a catch 22, but if he doesn’t (have) weak points then he’s in the Everton team not ours."

Leeds United - Matthew Pennington played full match in 1-2 away defeat to Sheffield United

OS Match Report
"From the resulting corner defender there was a goal mouth scramble, Matthew Pennington saw his show blocked by Jack O’Connell, before the home side cleared."

Twitter stuff
58' There is a scramble in the goal mouth and Matthew Pennington has a shot blocked, before the Blades clear 1-1

Fan comments
"Pontus/Pennington partnership looks promising"
"Pennington - 6.5 - Couple of wobbles, but generally sound."
"Pennington 7- Much better but still looks nervous and loses concentration too easily for my liking found himself out of position a couple of times."
"Pennington - 6 - Lacks positional sense as a CB imo, good on the ball suspect off it"

Bolton Wanderers - Antonee Robinson played full match in 1-1 home draw with Fulham

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
Great play from @Antonee_Jedi as he combines with @velajosh25 down the left.

Fan comment
"Of the two wing backs, Robinson by far the better today, I'm Little's biggest fan but he had a mare today, particularly with the ball at his feet. Robinson did get ripped a couple of times first half but wasn't fazed, made sound decisions on the ball in risky situations, kept trying to drive us forward and gradually forced their speed machine further back into his own half."

Sunderland - Tyias Browning played full match in 3-3 away draw at Bristol City

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"I like the lad, he is getting a tough baptism and I agree he has faults but in a couple of years time I think Everton will have a very good Centre half."
"He's been shocking for weeks ,he has got off very lightly recently when all around have been slaughtered,
he has a bigger and slower turning circle than the Ark Royal(now scrapped)"
"First rule for a defender when they get the wrong side of the ball is to bust a gut to get the right side. You often get another chance. Browning would have today, but that half arsed jog back was casual and defeatist. It showed why at his age he still hasn't made it, and why he never will."
"Very very limited. No chance of making it at Everton."

Ipswich Town - Callum Connolly started and was substituted in the 60th minute of a 0-0 home draw with Burton Albion

OS Match Report

No particular comments about him.

Nottingham Forest - Kieran Dowell played full match in 0-2 home defeat to Hull City

OS Match Report
"Kieran Dowell was unlucky with his effort when his rasping volley flew over the bar"

Fan comments
"Dowell falls over as he takes the free kick and it goes to the hull player... Is this actually happening..??"
"Concluded today that we cant play Osborn and Dowell together because they are always useless without the ball....chasing shadows and wafting in the odd hopeful boot in the direction of the ball with no chance of actually winning it back."
"I think Mancienne, Osborn and Dowell were the biggest culprits today. Mancienne purely due to lack of confidence and nerves, Osborn/Dowell due to wastefulness."
"Dowell never ever stands up when the chips are down."
"Dowell - Needs a break. Liability today. We cant afford the fancy flicks and tricks now, its roll your sleeves up time."
"Dowell - 3 - Despite a few decent touches today, he was woeful and to tell you the truth, he's been poor for a couple months. He's playing based on what he can do, not what he is doing at the moment. If we are using the "he's still a kid" argument to defend him, well then I'd say he needs a break every now and then. Lethargic, off pace and if he's supposed to be the gateway to the goals, we need to bust out the WD40."

Brendan Galloway, Harry Charsley and Boris Mathis were all not in matchday squads.

Sounds like they're getting some good experience. Dowell in particular is showing why this loan was so important for him. Hopefully he'll be learning how to make a more consistent impact on games.
Hopefully people calling for him back and fuming he's on loan because he scored a goal or two will begin to understand.

Young lad learning fast, will come back stronger.

Championship
Barnsley - Joe Williams played full match in 1-1 home draw with Sheffield Wednesday

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"Williams - 4 - Poor. Tackled well but used the ball terribly."
"Thought Williams deserved a 5"
"Williams - 7. Decent game for me."
"Williams used the ball terrible ?? Come off it mate he was class today and had highest pass rate on our team look at the stats, you obviously didn’t watch much of this game"
"thought Williams had a good game today."
"Williams is my favourite player, and for me our player of the season, but his distribution is poor to say the least, he gives it away more then any other player, but he wins it back more than any other player, so it’s a catch 22, but if he doesn’t (have) weak points then he’s in the Everton team not ours."

Leeds United - Matthew Pennington played full match in 1-2 away defeat to Sheffield United

OS Match Report
"From the resulting corner defender there was a goal mouth scramble, Matthew Pennington saw his show blocked by Jack O’Connell, before the home side cleared."

Twitter stuff
58' There is a scramble in the goal mouth and Matthew Pennington has a shot blocked, before the Blades clear 1-1

Fan comments
"Pontus/Pennington partnership looks promising"
"Pennington - 6.5 - Couple of wobbles, but generally sound."
"Pennington 7- Much better but still looks nervous and loses concentration too easily for my liking found himself out of position a couple of times."
"Pennington - 6 - Lacks positional sense as a CB imo, good on the ball suspect off it"

Bolton Wanderers - Antonee Robinson played full match in 1-1 home draw with Fulham

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
Great play from @Antonee_Jedi as he combines with @velajosh25 down the left.

Fan comment
"Of the two wing backs, Robinson by far the better today, I'm Little's biggest fan but he had a mare today, particularly with the ball at his feet. Robinson did get ripped a couple of times first half but wasn't fazed, made sound decisions on the ball in risky situations, kept trying to drive us forward and gradually forced their speed machine further back into his own half."

Sunderland - Tyias Browning played full match in 3-3 away draw at Bristol City

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"I like the lad, he is getting a tough baptism and I agree he has faults but in a couple of years time I think Everton will have a very good Centre half."
"He's been shocking for weeks ,he has got off very lightly recently when all around have been slaughtered,
he has a bigger and slower turning circle than the Ark Royal(now scrapped)"
"First rule for a defender when they get the wrong side of the ball is to bust a gut to get the right side. You often get another chance. Browning would have today, but that half arsed jog back was casual and defeatist. It showed why at his age he still hasn't made it, and why he never will."
"Very very limited. No chance of making it at Everton."

Ipswich Town - Callum Connolly started and was substituted in the 60th minute of a 0-0 home draw with Burton Albion

OS Match Report

No particular comments about him.

Nottingham Forest - Kieran Dowell played full match in 0-2 home defeat to Hull City

OS Match Report
"Kieran Dowell was unlucky with his effort when his rasping volley flew over the bar"

Fan comments
"Dowell falls over as he takes the free kick and it goes to the hull player... Is this actually happening..??"
"Concluded today that we cant play Osborn and Dowell together because they are always useless without the ball....chasing shadows and wafting in the odd hopeful boot in the direction of the ball with no chance of actually winning it back."
"I think Mancienne, Osborn and Dowell were the biggest culprits today. Mancienne purely due to lack of confidence and nerves, Osborn/Dowell due to wastefulness."
"Dowell never ever stands up when the chips are down."
"Dowell - Needs a break. Liability today. We cant afford the fancy flicks and tricks now, its roll your sleeves up time."
"Dowell - 3 - Despite a few decent touches today, he was woeful and to tell you the truth, he's been poor for a couple months. He's playing based on what he can do, not what he is doing at the moment. If we are using the "he's still a kid" argument to defend him, well then I'd say he needs a break every now and then. Lethargic, off pace and if he's supposed to be the gateway to the goals, we need to bust out the WD40."

Brendan Galloway, Harry Charsley and Boris Mathis were all not in matchday squads.
Great work pal

Championship
Bolton Wanderers - Antonee Robinson played full match in 0-2 away defeat to Cardiff City

OS Match Report
"Antonee Robinson went on an impressive run, shrugging off numerous challenges, before being dispossessed as he cantered into the box."

Twitter stuff
Outstanding run from @Antonee_Jedi as he shrugs off numerous challenges, dribbling from left-back to right-wing before being dispossessed when surrounded on the edge of the box. Unlucky Jedi! (32)

Fan comment
"Robinson tried."

Harry Charsley was not in matchday squad.

Is Charsley injured? He was in the starting 11 aggainst Brentford in the first match after the loan, but he was not in the squad anymore. In total now 4 games. Thought Bolton could be the right place for him..

Is Charsley injured? He was in the starting 11 aggainst Brentford in the first match after the loan, but he was not in the squad anymore. In total now 4 games. Thought Bolton could be the right place for him..

Taking Charsley was a condition from us, for them to keep Robinson. So expect Charsley to hardly ever play.

I know he's made at least one appearance for their u23s.

Status
Not open for further replies.