Young EFC Players Out On Loan 16-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I appreciate he started the game but it's not looking great for Anthony Evans if he's struggling for game time at Morecambe.
He seems to have been taken off around the 65-70 minutes mark a few times - I wonder if he is struggling with pacing himself for regular first-team matches?

He seems to have been taken off around the 65-70 minutes mark a few times - I wonder if he is struggling with pacing himself for regular first-team matches?

..possibly, but other games he's not got a start. I notice a few comments about a growing spurt, that can genuinely impact a players development. I remember Gerrard coming through the ranks and the Reds were very careful with him, restricting game time for 18months because he was growing so much.

..possibly, but other games he's not got a start. I notice a few comments about a growing spurt, that can genuinely impact a players development. I remember Gerrard coming through the ranks and the Reds were very careful with him, restricting game time for 18months because he was growing so much.
Yeah I posted somewhere about Evans now being 6ft2 / 6 3ins, in the same piece he was also saying how he was enjoying his time there, been accepted by team mates , the physicality of the league etc. Overall the experience seems to be doing him good . The proof will be pre season and if he's pushed on.

I see Connolly was on sub bench, I'm not sure if that's Wigan carefully managing his game time or not.

Yeah I posted somewhere about Evans now being 6ft2 / 6 3ins, in the same piece he was also saying how he was enjoying his time there, been accepted by team mates , the physicality of the league etc. Overall the experience seems to be doing him good . The proof will be pre season and if he's pushed on.

I see Connolly was on sub bench, I'm not sure if that's Wigan carefully managing his game time or not.

...we don't truly know what's going on with these youngsters but I have a view that if they are potential top flight players at Everton then they should not only be playing but starring for these lower league teams. Of course, Barkley struggled for game time with Neil Warnock but I know Moyes told him that Barkley struggles with any responsibility. Warnock' steam were fighting for points so he was reluctant to play him.

Leon Osman was highly thought of at Carlisle and played in the top flight for many years, but I can't think of many who went on loan for us as youngsters and had a lengthy top flight career.

...we don't truly know what's going on with these youngsters but I have a view that if they are potential top flight players at Everton then they should not only be playing but starring for these lower league teams. Of course, Barkley struggled for game time with Neil Warnock but I know Moyes told him that Barkley struggles with any responsibility. Warnock' steam were fighting for points so he was reluctant to play him.

Leon Osman was highly thought of at Carlisle and played in the top flight for many years, but I can't think of many who went on loan for us as youngsters and had a lengthy top flight career.

we were still sending osman out on loan when he was 22/23 so cant really write someone like evans at 18 off just yet.

we were still sending osman out on loan when he was 22/23 so cant really write someone like evans at 18 off just yet.

...no I'm not writing him off, I was just trying to think of players we've sent on loan and have had careers with us. I could only think of Barkley and Osman but I dare say others will identify more. Saying that, I don't think the signs are good if Evans is struggling for game time at Morecambe but there could be plenty of reasons for that.

Looking at the bigger picture, the likes David Beckham had a loan spell at Preston so it can be a route to the top.

The other point re Osman is that he was out injured for a lengthy spell as a youngster. He was a little maestro coming through the ranks.

...no I'm not writing him off, I was just trying to think of players we've sent on loan and have had careers with us. I could only think of Barkley and Osman but I dare say others will identify more. Saying that, I don't think the signs are good if Evans is struggling for game time at Morecambe but there could be plenty of reasons for that.

Looking at the bigger picture, the likes David Beckham had a loan spell at Preston so it can be a route to the top.

The other point re Osman is that he was out injured for a lengthy spell as a youngster. He was a little maestro coming through the ranks.

i'd like to hear what morecombe fans think about evans, i think hes got massive potential and probably the best attacking player around that age we have at the club.
seen this quote from their manager a few weeks back:

The Everton loanee has shown a willingness to get forward and, despite the Shrimps’ less than perfect playing surface, some nice touches during Saturday’s loss.

“Antony Evans did well even though the pitch isn’t helping him,” Bentley said.

“After his first training two sessions at Morecambe High, he must have thought what he had let himself for after coming from Everton and the facilities they have.

“That was one of the only times we had trained on grass but he’s adapted well for an 18-year-old to the scenario of travelling in a car school and not having everything done for him.

“He will grow up and be a better all-round person when he goes back to Everton.

“He’s scored two in two but there’s still more in the tank; he showed some good stuff and he’s easy on the eye with the way he plays.”

i'd like to hear what morecombe fans think about evans, i think hes got massive potential and probably the best attacking player around that age we have at the club.
seen this quote from their manager a few weeks back:

The Everton loanee has shown a willingness to get forward and, despite the Shrimps’ less than perfect playing surface, some nice touches during Saturday’s loss.

“Antony Evans did well even though the pitch isn’t helping him,” Bentley said.

“After his first training two sessions at Morecambe High, he must have thought what he had let himself for after coming from Everton and the facilities they have.

“That was one of the only times we had trained on grass but he’s adapted well for an 18-year-old to the scenario of travelling in a car school and not having everything done for him.

“He will grow up and be a better all-round person when he goes back to Everton.

“He’s scored two in two but there’s still more in the tank; he showed some good stuff and he’s easy on the eye with the way he plays.”
Morecambe are going through terrible problems with their owner and wages not being paid, looking at their news and comments about them for this thread, so I imagine it isn't the most stable of environments.

Some fan sites and Twitter accounts are very active and informative (Cambridge, Doncaster, Oxford, Yeovil being excellent ones I've seen in the past) whereas with other clubs it seems like the club and/or fans are just going through the motions. Morecambe's club site sometimes has a delay with getting a report up and their Twitter feed is fairly average (although if they're not getting paid, I have some sympathy) and the fan site I've found (Shrimpsvoices) seems to be on a personal hosting server without a domain name.

Surprised with Connolly on bench. Been one if not The best player for them everytime I've watched them. Really hope he gets a chance next season to cover for Seamus

Colemans loan spell at Blackpool was probably the making of him, after that he's never looked back. Its a tricky one for sure, Garbutt would have been better served staying here and playing games in hindsight. I think mentality has changed in the last few years, for example the signing of Oviedo probably held back someone like Garbutt. I think under Walsh and with Unsworth in charge of the 23s we wouldn't see that type of signing if a player was close to stepping up.

Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.