Young EFC Players Out On Loan 16-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
It definitely looks like Hewelt has won the 'young keeper' competition for the moment, with Stanek now at a Czech Second Division club and Gray and Hunt not getting any appearances at U23s. Also see we signed a younger keeper from Oldham, Chris Renshaw, a while back.
Haha, I've long given up trying to keep with the number of GKs we have , usually about 12. Last time I had another 5 to the 5 we've mentioned : Aaron Jones, Ben Pierce, Joe Hilton, Matthew Johnson , Tom Murphy. Don't know if they'll all still with us though. I hope we sign Pickford and put the position to bed for many years.

..apparently Doncaster will not be looking to sign Connor Grant on a permanent deal

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...sign-everton-midfielder-conor-grant-1-8533174

His loan period is up and he's returned to Everton.
strange one

Could well be that he wants to try his luck with another team. I'm sure all the talk (on here) earlier in the season was that he wanted to go to a championship team next year, so it may well be more him turning them down than the other way around.

Could well be that he wants to try his luck with another team. I'm sure all the talk (on here) earlier in the season was that he wanted to go to a championship team next year, so it may well be more him turning them down than the other way around.

...possibly he knows of the interest of other clubs, or he wants to see his contract out or Doncaster no longer want him. We'll soon find out, but he is contracted with us for another season. I think it's clear we are happy for him to move on seeing as we agreed a deal previously with Doncaster.

not so sure, going by match reports his form seemed to tail off quite badly recently. dont think hes good enough for championship personally.

“We’ve decided not to take the option on Conor because the fee and everything that comes with that would be a large amount of what I could spend.” Ferguson admits physicality is a key factor he will be looking to add to his midfield ranks. And he says there is a possibility he could look at bringing Grant back on loan, once he has secured his priority targets.

Yeah. Or possibly they're trying to pull a fast one and have their cake and eat it! :eek: But does sound like he didn't do too well this time around :(

They were very enthusiastic about getting him back at the beginning but that seemed (from the reports and the fan forum) to drop away as the loan went on.

Yeah. Or possibly they're trying to pull a fast one and have their cake and eat it! :eek: But does sound like he didn't do too well this time around :(
I was thinking the same when I read the article. Can't blame Ferguson, Grant turned him down , he's got limited money that he needs to spend wisely, at worst he loses somebody he wanted , at best he gets him cheaper or even back on loan next season.

Russell Griffiths played full 90 mins in Motherwell's 1-0 win away at Hamilton. A vital win for 'Well as it pushes them out of the relegation play off places. Not sure how we played but I believe that's their first away clean sheet this season, very timely.

Scottish Premier
Motherwell - Russell Griffiths played full match in 3-1 home win against Kilmarnock

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"Griffiths made a few excellent saves tonight, he could develop as he goes on and has some good potential"
"As for the keeper, that's two games now with basic mistakes (Jules goal and tonights). For a guy as big he seems rooted to his line and I counted two occasions where a more commanding presence would have saved a shaky 50p header from a defender. Let him go back to Everton and onto the market. There has to be other options."

Scottish Premier
Motherwell - Russell Griffiths played full match in 3-1 home win against Kilmarnock

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"Griffiths made a few excellent saves tonight, he could develop as he goes on and has some good potential"
"As for the keeper, that's two games now with basic mistakes (Jules goal and tonights). For a guy as big he seems rooted to his line and I counted two occasions where a more commanding presence would have saved a shaky 50p header from a defender. Let him go back to Everton and onto the market. There has to be other options."
Fans eh, they all see it differently wherever they are. Seems harsh comments on Griffiths to me as the match reports on the Zak Jules goalsaid that Jules should have let the ball go out but he kept it in , resulting in the goal , nobody else said Griffiths was at fault. Bottom line is he's been in goal for the last two games that they've won and as a result are now staying up .

Status
Not open for further replies.