Why do Everton support StubHub?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
People moan about stub hub that it's ripping fans off yet they are happy to stream the match rather than pay for a ticket and rip the club off

Works both ways

Queued for an hour earlier for my ticket. Only missed the first few minutes of the game but there were still hundreds of people behind waiting.

Despite buying tickets that were "adult" class on both Stubhub and on the email confirmation, one turned out to be a young adult ticket.

I even showed the lad at the counter the email proving that I had bought the correct tickets, but he said to "be more careful when buying a ticket to not buy the wrong class".. lol

Not impressed at all.

Despite buying tickets that were "adult" class on both Stubhub and on the email confirmation, one turned out to be a young adult ticket.

I even showed the lad at the counter the email proving that I had bought the correct tickets, but he said to "be more careful when buying a ticket to not buy the wrong class".. lol

I've only used StubHub once, when I bought a ticket for my cousin last season.

When we went to collect, the girl said "you know this is an OAP seat".. & asked for extra money (10 or 20 quid, can't remember). I hadn't seen any mention on the website. She said it happens all the time & after a chat with her supervisor, they just gave us the ticket. Took a good 15-20 minutes though.

Let's hope the club acts & bins them off.

When we went to collect, the girl said "you know this is an OAP seat".. & asked for extra money (10 or 20 quid, can't remember). I hadn't seen any mention on the website. She said it happens all the time & after a chat with her supervisor, they just gave us the ticket. Took a good 15-20 minutes though.

I've used it before and it's worked fine for me. I think the concept isn't bad as long as the tickets are sold at face value + the fiver Stubhub handling fee.

They need to crack down on the ticket classes though. If a fan buys a ticket which says it's a certain class, there should be no argument with the club as it's the seller's fault.

I've used it before and it's worked fine for me. I think the concept isn't bad as long as the tickets are sold at face value + the fiver Stubhub handling fee.

They need to crack down on the ticket classes though. If a fan buys a ticket which says it's a certain class, there should be no argument with the club as it's the seller's fault.

= just checked on Stubhub. It doesn't tell the buyer the class of ticket until you get to 'checkout' and then it's in very small letters. Be careful lads.

= just checked on Stubhub. It doesn't tell the buyer the class of ticket until you get to 'checkout' and then it's in very small letters. Be careful lads.

I've noticed this, it's definitely not obvious but the tickets I bought for Stoke 100% said "adult" class mate.

The thread is rightly criticising the club's relationship with stubhub. Just not sure what you're hoping to achieve by posting an individual seat number.

But I suppose someone asked you to so you had to.

With respect i would like to think the individual concerned here would raise these concerns with the club rather than on a public forum under such a passion fuelled thread. Common sense required on both sides for me.

If it carries on with people listing tickets at exorbitant prices, it'll end up like some American sports teams do where they - A, take the season ticket away or B, ban the reseller buying tickets in future from the club.

StubHub, in theory, is a good, sound idea. I've used it abroad and bought tickets at way below face value but if you're going to be a tit with it, you shouldn't be allowed to use it.

At the end of the day, it's the sellers fault, not the clubs or stubhub's.

The sellers are breaking the Terms & Conditions they agreed to when purchasing the Season Ticket.

The club is at fault for allowing them to do that in plain view, on their own official platform.

At the end of the day, it's the sellers fault, not the clubs or stubhub's.

I can't agree. The club set the current max limits on stubhub (they must do as stubhub wouldnt place a max). When clubs like Spurs (Spurs!!!) decide to effectively still use stubhub but cap at face value from this season due to fan complaints - you know the "people's club" are one step behind here.

Everyone knows what should happen here... A stubhub equivalent at face value. Everyone seemingly says fans should only list at face value, so if everyone agrees it should be maxed at face value - this should be the max. At the moment, Everton clearly value their stubhub profits higher as they provide the platform to facilitate what all fans can clearly see isn't right.

you can't argue with market forces; see every attempt at prohibiting everything everI'd rather it be done above ground with the club involved

People moan about stub hub that it's ripping fans off yet they are happy to stream the match rather than pay for a ticket and rip the club off

Works both ways

I watch them on TV here and stream the odd game if it's earlyish in the cup and not broadcasted. I get to about 2 home games a season and the odd European away. I rely on stubhub for tickets as by the time the game reaches general sale it's slim (or non existent) pickings. In your overly simplified view of what a proper club-supporting fan is, just want to gauge your shortsighted opinion of that is...

Problem with Stubhub is its stopping people becoming genuine season ticket holders. There looks to be a lot of the same seats being sold regularly with people making a profit on their "investment" season ticket.
No coincidence that for as long as I can remember we have a massive waiting list. I can't get my lad a season ticket now, which wouldn't have been a problem just a couple of seasons ago, but he was too young then.
When I eventually get him one, like me, he'll go every game. But looks like we've now got a load of part time season ticket holders blocking new supporters.
While I agree some sort of ticket exchange should be implemented to reduce empty seats when someone can't make it, I think there should be a limit on the amount of games you can do this for. Maybe 3 a season. Face value plus fees should also be imposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.