Why do Everton support StubHub?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, it's the same as everything else overpriced in this world - it's a market. If you don't think something is worth the asking price, then you don't pay it.

Stubhub is great if it is used as it was intended. As usual though, we can't have nice things because of this 'see to myself' society.

You have to be a season ticket holder to sell on stub hub. But as every game is sold out , buying a season ticket and just selling the Liverpool and Man U ticket would prob get you the whole season effectively free. Should be limited to face value sales , plus fees

I use it for my tkts when coming over. same with everything , if its overpriced for you don't pay it. Should be some control on it though. Those prices for the stoke games and some of the big games are a joke and should not be allowed

It should be face value only, but I also understand why people overcharge.

I have overcharged before, but on the other hand there have been a few times were I've only gotten a tenner for it.

Whilst it's isn't fair that people charge ridiculous amounts for them, it isn't fair that someone can pick up a ticket for less than the person they sit next to. Or that the seller doesn't get anywhere near face value.

I ended selling one of mine last season for peanuts. I live far away and couldn't go with little notice so couldn't pass it on to anyone. Rather than lose the £30 it is worth, I put it on stubhub a few days before at face value but no-one bought it until the morning of the game when I had to knock it down to a really low price in order to get something back.

I dont have a problem with it in principle. If I go down to Goodison its a whole weekend for me, ticket + travel + hotel etc so therefore its a once or twice a season endaeavour. I'd rather not spend the time and money to view the game around a post or through a letter box like the back of the street end. A few quid premium on the ticket is worth it if I know I will get a decent view.

£200 for any game though is a joke, and as other have said just because its listed as such doesnt mean someone will buy it. The club could liaise with Stub Hub to put a cap in place until such a time as we are contractually free to set up a face value marketplace.

The first year the club partnered with them, I listed my ST for every game I couldn't make for 25, which was quite a few games considering where I now live. Unfortunately towards the end of that season, I saw the same ticket I had sold for 25, back on the site being sold for 100.....so that unfortunately was the end of that
Over here in Canada (and the US) between Stubhub and Ticketmaster's secondary site, it is near impossible to get tickets for a big sporting event / concert without paying well over the odds.. I hope the UK never get to that. My mate who supports Arsenal says they operate a ticket exchange system, says everything is at face value for buyer and seller, except the admin fee the club take to facilitate the transaction (something like 5% to each buyer and seller) Seems to be a much better way to do it

The first year the club partnered with them, I listed my ST for every game I couldn't make for 25, which was quite a few games considering where I now live. Unfortunately towards the end of that season, I saw the same ticket I had sold for 25, back on the site being sold for 100.....so that unfortunately was the end of that
Over here in Canada (and the US) between Stubhub and Ticketmaster's secondary site, it is near impossible to get tickets for a big sporting event / concert without paying well over the odds.. I hope the UK never get to that. My mate who supports Arsenal says they operate a ticket exchange system, says everything is at face value for buyer and seller, except the admin fee the club take to facilitate the transaction (something like 5% to each buyer and seller) Seems to be a much better way to do it

Im pretty sure thats not possible seeing as only Season Tickets can be listed

It works well for me. I have had a season ticket for ever, and couldn't imaging life without it. However, I spend a lot of time abroad. So, when I'm away, i sell my ticket for face value. This means that another blue gets to go to the game, in a great seat, and I can keep my season ticket.

Im pretty sure thats not possible seeing as only Season Tickets can be listed

That's not quite true.

I'm surprised a season ticket listed on stubhub could be relisted, but you occasionally see "paper tickets" listed for sale for both home and away games which are outside the scope of the agreement between Everton and Stubhub so are just private sales. They appear on Stubhub in the same place as any other tickets so, for the home games, it's not obvious which are private sales and which are STH giving up the activation for their card for the game.

It is unusual to see tickets for private sale on Stubhub though.

Stub Hub is sound. It works fine. Stub Hub don't set the price - the seller does. They take about £5 off the seller and £5 off the buyer for a ticket sold at face value ,say £40 -£45. If I can't get to a game I put my ticket on at £35 so I get £30 ,the buyer pays about £40.
If you want to have ago at anyone ,have a go at the people who list tickets at £100+. The club could identify them and stop this.

Status
Not open for further replies.