Please login to remove this advert.

Who's To Blame

Discussion in 'Everton Forum' started by R934, Sep 12, 2017.

?

Who's To Blame For Our Failure To Land A Replacement For Lukaku?

1. Koeman

25.8%
  2. Walsh

9.6%
  3. Moshiri

6.1%
  4. Board

37.1%
  5. Cheese On Toast?

12.7%
  6. I've 'wet the bed' and 'my heads gone' its clearly my fault

8.7%
  1. COYBL25

COYBL25 10/11/17 Doing a massive jig here Forum Supporter

So you're advocating clemency for @ItsOKImAPilot then ?

Professor Toffee likes this.
  2. Professor Toffee

Professor Toffee On and on, over the hill and the craic is good

I'd never advocate clemency for anyone
    Pay for the crime

COYBL25 likes this.
  3. Gerbs

Gerbs Player Valuation: £6m

maybe the man who advocated to smash our transfer record for a center mid and throwing him on a wing

COYBL25 likes this.
  4. DanB90

DanB90 Player Valuation: £20m

Because he can take it.
    Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.

5. sc1878

sc1878 Player Valuation: £225k

Koeman couldn't have made it any clearer that he wanted a centre forward and left sided defender going in to the last few weeks of the window. Therefore the blame needs to lie with Walsh and the board for not getting a deal over the line.

I'm by no means Koeman's biggest fan, I think his tactics and team selections this season have been poor. But not signing a replacement for Lukaku is disgraceful and somebody needs to be held responsible for it. Just as the manager will be held to account if our poor run of form continues.

Bob Elstone likes this.
  6. Aaron Mccoo

Aaron Mccoo Player Valuation: £50k

Obviously Koemans fault. When Lukaku was sold the first thing that he should have done was buy a top class replacement. Simple as that. He was given money to spend and he blew it all on other positions.

Bob Elstone and Kev The Rat like this.
  7. People75

People75 Player Valuation: £2.5m

the amount of hammering on Dave, i often wondered how he could stand up to it. Well i guess it got the better of him in the end.

I liked the guy. Very pracmatic, but it seem like we all are, at the moment.

I hope for his return

GwladysPhil likes this.
  8. COYBL25

COYBL25 10/11/17 Doing a massive jig here Forum Supporter

He died for all our sins and will rise from the dead again

Soon

People75 likes this.
  9. Joey66

Joey66 Player Valuation: £70m Forum Supporter

Anyone mentioned new lawn mowers yet?

10. Ben Grace

Ben Grace Player Valuation: £10m

I can see why you have so many votes in the "who's the biggest blert" thread.

ClausThomsen and Woolly Blue like this.
  11. Back off Gracey, those votes were hard earned.

ClausThomsen, Ben Grace and Joey66 like this.
  12. billyblue80

billyblue80 Player Valuation: £10m

Koeman and Kenwright

Joey66 likes this.
  13. Your poll needs to be multi-choice mate, because , chances are, all of Koeman, Walsh and Moshiri have some blame attached to them.

14. R934

R934 Player Valuation: £500k

Thinking about it now I'd say Koeman had ultimate responsibility for allowing the sale of players and i'd go as far as saying he has the final say over what players are signed.

Far from me to assume Steven Walsh identified the players Koeman was looking for, but something isn't working in my opinion; hence the disjointed nature of our team. Koeman can't continue to hide behind the lack of signings, Martinez was not give the same credibility even thou he requested numerous signings/positions whilst at the club. Paying £45mil for Glyfi, only to play him left of a front 3 isn't the smartest of moves, and that doesn't suddenly rectify itself with a number 9, so he can't be allowed to hide behind that excuse either.

Koeman has brought this short-coming on himself; sell whoever by all means but make sure a replacement is through the door first. It's obvious why the dreaded 'sell-to-buy' debate rumbles on, but then again you've the @theesk 's jazzy friend 'amortization' saying otherwise - who knows?

Anyhow, with all this extra pointlessness in mind my above poll question may not be correct - or another question could materialize: Who was responsible for allowing the sale of Lukaku?

I'd say the fact our recruitment is still being discussed 3 windows in says all that needs to be said. You may say it's nothing to do with us fans anyway, so why would it matter, i'd say to that Moshiri's numerous interviews have merely invited more questions then he may have wanted to answer.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  15. Ben Grace

Ben Grace Player Valuation: £10m

[​IMG]

chicoazul likes this.