Who's To Blame

Who's To Blame For Our Failure To Land A Replacement For Lukaku?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the quotes Koeman said about "Do we really want to look beyond 2-3rd option" are true (And they make perfect sense really), then it has to lie down to the Board and Moshiri, because they've been identified by Walsh and Koeman, and the board have failed to offer enough fight to get a centre forward.

Alternatively, it could be down to Koeman and Walsh collectively, as did Koeman approve enough of what Walsh wanted? Did Walsh offer enough for Koeman to choose.

I couldn't choose everyone, so I chose Walsh, purely because it's his job to be finding gems, and when you hear us going after Batshuayi, Giroud, Lucaz Perez and that lad from Benfica, well, maybe we should have been looking for more Kante-esque players Walsh is supposedly famous for scoping out. Yet, here we are... in September with Calvert-Lewin as our only distinguished Centre Forward.... who despite our lack of strikers, has still managed to start at Wing back this season. lol

Not bothered at this stage who's to blame. About Koeman putting things right and working with the squad he has now till xmas. Let them figure out who messed out in the background n get them out the door

Spot on - End of the day there is little we can we do, but its 3 transfer windows that we've made mistakes in.

It would be of Everton's interest to clarify why we are were we are recruitment wise, instead we have a half-baked interview from Moshiri on Sky that leaves a lot to be answered for.
You won't hear me calling Moshiri a fraud, but if Kenwright went on national T.v and basically said we'll 'make do' until January then he'd be called for all sorts.
Similarly, Koeman happily admitting we are a weaker team then Spurs et.al so the result isn't really unexpected, thats defeatist, almost a 'knife to gunfight' type of quote. For all the early positivity of the window, we've let it slip away, and the manager is happy to complain about the missing number 9 - trying to fit our midfield together is a puzzle within a puzzle, and thats outside of the lack of forward options.

Regardless of who officially makes the signings, Koeman was quite happy with the players we got, and like you said it is in his best interests to work with the current set-up instead of throwing out titbits for the board, media, and fans alike. I don't fully buy into the debate a number 9 fixes our team, but thats another debate altogether :)

Spot on - End of the day there is little we can we do, but its 3 transfer windows that we've made mistakes in.

It would be of Everton's interest to clarify why we are were we are recruitment wise, instead we have a half-baked interview from Moshiri on Sky that leaves a lot to be answered for.
You won't hear me calling Moshiri a fraud, but if Kenwright went on national T.v and basically said we'll 'make do' until January then he'd be called for all sorts.
Similarly, Koeman happily admitting we are a weaker team then Spurs et.al so the result isn't really unexpected, thats defeatist, almost a 'knife to gunfight' type of quote. For all the early positivity of the window, we've let it slip away, and the manager is happy to complain about the missing number 9 - trying to fit our midfield together is a puzzle within a puzzle, and thats outside of the lack of forward options.

Regardless of who officially makes the signings, Koeman was quite happy with the players we got, and like you said it is in his best interests to work with the current set-up instead of throwing out titbits for the board, media, and fans alike. I don't fully buy into the debate a number 9 fixes our team, but thats another debate altogether :)
A shape will start on Thursday and Sunday. Best players on the pitch in the correct position is all I want. Get this and we ill kick on. See how stubborn Koeman is coz its clear to see the issues from Saturday

Walsh & the board and to a small degree Koeman, end of the day they knew he was going when he rejected the contract last season so walsh should have been scouting strikers as a priority because lukaku was the only one who scored for us last year, the board because they are running the club they should have suggested we go and buy a striker if walsh isn't doing his job and a little Koeman because he 2 knows we have no proper striker in the team so why isn't he badgering on to the board to get one in instead of hoping for giroud

right mess from the go this one

If the quotes Koeman said about "Do we really want to look beyond 2-3rd option" are true (And they make perfect sense really), then it has to lie down to the Board and Moshiri, because they've been identified by Walsh and Koeman, and the board have failed to offer enough fight to get a centre forward.

Alternatively, it could be down to Koeman and Walsh collectively, as did Koeman approve enough of what Walsh wanted? Did Walsh offer enough for Koeman to choose.

I couldn't choose everyone, so I chose Walsh, purely because it's his job to be finding gems, and when you hear us going after Batshuayi, Giroud, Lucaz Perez and that lad from Benfica, well, maybe we should have been looking for more Kante-esque players Walsh is supposedly famous for scoping out. Yet, here we are... in September with Calvert-Lewin as our only distinguished Centre Forward.... who despite our lack of strikers, has still managed to start at Wing back this season. lol

Surely your last point is a prime example of how it was Koeman's fault?

He identified players he wanted, 4 of whom play in the same position, and spent almost £90m to sign them all.

He identified Cuco Martina, based on the fact he's worked with him twice before.

He picks the line ups and the tactics, usually defensive in their make up, yet still somehow leaves us needlessly vulnerable.

He decided that Oviedo, Barry, Deulofeu, (maybe even Niasse) where surplus to requirements.

He fell out with Barkley and Mirallas. I'm not saying they are the saviours some think they are, in fact I believe both flatter to deceive, but it's up to the manager to coach them, and get the best out of them if it's for the good of the team.

It may very well be the case that it's a period of adaptation for the players and squad, but I just don't see a balanced, effective lineup anywhere within that squad with the masses of money spent, and there seems to be no plan as to how we are going to set up.

All the best sides, everyone, even the opposition fans, know the expected lineup. At this moment in time, I don't think there would be many people who could agree on 1 definitive starting 11, with or without the current injured players, and I'm not sure Koeman knows either.

Status
Not open for further replies.