Votes: 35 15.0%
  • Mr Roberto Martinez

Votes: 165 70.8%
  • Mr Ronald Koeman

Votes: 25 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, the results are in and represented in this pie chart I've provided below....

graphwrite.aspx

Obviously it's impossible but it would be interesting to see where we'd be now if Martinez had stayed. I'll be honest, I miss the chaos in a sadistic sort of way.

If only Martinez would have tried to balance us from the back to the front he might have done ok. Part of me still feels for him a little.

To change the question around, I can’t stand that Koeman the most. Wanted him here yes but how wrong can you be, absolute mess he left us. I still fume if I hear his name or see his fat head on TV.

I can’t stand that Koeman the most. Wanted him here yes but how wrong can you be, absolute mess he left us. I still fume if I hear his name or see his fat head on TV.

Agree. Left us in chaos this season. No plan, some unnecessary signings and one dimensional awful team selections which left us in the relegation zone and out of Europe within 2 months of the league season starting

Lost it with him when he admitted he hadn't prepared the players for the Atalanta away game:

"It's not the time to criticise the players, i need to criticise myself..The team was not prepared.. that’s (on) the manager.”

Moyes was a million miles better than any of them.
Net spend (oh yes, that old baby again) of virtually nothing.
Martinez inherited a really well motivated , achieving squad from Moyes.
For the first season he capitalised on that, until being found out for what he was.
Absolute shambles thereafter.
They have all had miles more re finance than Moyes ever had.
No competition in my view.

Its like asking someone which they'd prefer: Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, genital warts or Chlamydia.
Sure, the girl you got the clap off was a looker so you look back on that more fondly but ideally you'd wish for none of them to have happened.

Grudgingly gone for Martinez for his first season as none of the other managers could have matched that.

That doesn't mean that he didn't end up bring an absolute joke by the end though, and getting to 2 Semi Finals and losing both with the fans booing the team off at half time is not the great achievement it's made out to be on here.

Moyes was far superior to them all as manager of Everton. But since he's not on there - Martinez - best of a bad bunch.

Yeah there was nothing glorious about bottling that semi final against United.

Surely the implication here isn't that Moyes was a superior coach?

I think events since 2013 underline what a ball bag of a manager he was and is.

Roberto might have left us open to the opposition way too much in his final season here, but he is easily our most tactically aware manager since HK.

Roberto Martinez and the words tactically aware, in the same sentence.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.