Who could potentially replace Martinez?

Who could replace our beloved Catalan jester?

• Bilic

Votes: 112 23.7%
  • De Boer

Votes: 94 19.9%
  • Laudrup

Votes: 62 13.1%
  • Pereira

Votes: 50 10.6%
  • Other- state who

Votes: 62 13.1%
  • Pullis temporary

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Stubbs- temporary

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Kendall- temporary then long term

Votes: 17 3.6%
  • Redknapp- temporary then long term

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Royle- temporary

Votes: 49 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point this season would you pull the plug?

I'm a supporter of his but at some point you have accept there's a danger he won't turn it around.
I've said already, if we get dragged to within 3 points of the drop and there's half a dozen games left there really cant be any other decision.

We are not at that stage, nor do I believe we will be.

He needs results right now though to head off a crisis for himself. Newcastle game is huge.

You're going straight to limbo for all eternity when you die for that mate.

Just like us if either of those two took over.
Why?

Garry Monk has done well and seems the right character.

Neil Lennon did all that could be expected at Celtic, beat Barca and got them into the knockout stages of the CL. Now they're out at an early stage of the Europa. Since going to Bolton has turned them around seeing them to on an 8 game undefeated run and rising up 10 places in the table in his first 3 months in charge.

But I'm willing to listen to who you have in mind.

I've said already, if we get dragged to within 3 points of the drop and there's half a dozen games left there really cant be any other decision.

We are not at that stage, nor do I believe we will be.

He needs results right now though to head off a crisis for himself. Newcastle game is huge.
Fair enough. I'm beginning to get worried that we aren't too far off that point.

Fair enough. I'm beginning to get worried that we aren't too far off that point.

We're not! It has to improve. We cant just stand still not picking up points. We have to get them on the board fast.

That situation is not helped though when you have supporters doing this...
hair-fire.gif

Not directing this in any direction like but....

Whats with this 'there is no-one to replace martinez' shouts? Jesus i forgot there was no other manager in the world who could do better than losing vs hull and stoke. Not a hard benchmark to follow by any means, win games vs crap teams and perhaps even have some tactics that involve trying to score goals.

out of interest who would be the most likely 'caretaker' manager?

royle seems obvious but has not been involved in the game 'properly' for a long time

ferguson doesnt have the experience, so is unsworth the most likely?

Status
Not open for further replies.