Who could potentially replace Martinez?

Who could replace our beloved Catalan jester?

• Bilic

Votes: 112 23.7%
  • De Boer

Votes: 94 19.9%
  • Laudrup

Votes: 62 13.1%
  • Pereira

Votes: 50 10.6%
  • Other- state who

Votes: 62 13.1%
  • Pullis temporary

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Stubbs- temporary

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Kendall- temporary then long term

Votes: 17 3.6%
  • Redknapp- temporary then long term

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Royle- temporary

Votes: 49 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted Royle as a temporary manager, insofar as that he could take us through half a season before we brought in someone on a permanent basis.
Still think Bobby will get till the January window to show that this season not last was the anomaly though, and not unreasonably so.

Im sticking with Martinez. His potential makes me believing in future.

Im sticking with Martinez. His potential makes me believing in future.
I think he's forming a great young core to his side. Lukaku, Barkley, Macca, Stones and Besic are all very good younger players.
Galloway is another who is very promising from what I've heard. Moyes definitely left him an aging side and he's going to have to go through the arduous process of replacing older key players. I've been pretty happy with how he's gone about this so far. However I think he got caught out and thought he could get another season out of Distin, Osman and Pienaar because of how they performed last season (I thought this too), when really the reality was different.
Another concern is that his squad fillers he brought in to fill the team so that he could bring in the young core over several seasons haven't performed. Something that needs addressing in this window, is continuing to bring in players to complete that young core whilst also bringing in players that can contribute and enable us to compete for European places now.
This season's been a horror show, but he is still a young manager in his second year of managing a bigger club, with Europe to deal with and raised expectations. He's made mistakes and I expect him to learn from them going forward.

I look at what Koeman has done at Southampton and it makes me think that whoever we bring in next should probably come from a different national league. Koeman managed to sign the likes of Pelle and Tadic, players he already knew from the Dutch league, for reasonable prices with full knowledge that they could perform in the prem. All the time we don't have the finances to compete with the
big-spenders, we need to be unearthing cost-efficient signings and Martinez has a poor track record in this regard. His expensive signings have been good (Lukaku and McCarthy) but other than Besic, his "cheaper" buys have been awful: McGeady, Alcaraz and Kone being the worst.

I look at what Koeman has done at Southampton and it makes me think that whoever we bring in next should probably come from a different national league. Koeman managed to sign the likes of Pelle and Tadic, players he already knew from the Dutch league, for reasonable prices with full knowledge that they could perform in the prem. All the time we don't have the finances to compete with the
big-spenders, we need to be unearthing cost-efficient signings and Martinez has a poor track record in this regard. His expensive signings have been good (Lukaku and McCarthy) but other than Besic, his "cheaper" buys have been awful: McGeady, Alcaraz and Kone being the worst.

Koeman has worked a miracle at Southampton. How many more miracle workers do you think are out there?

One thing that attracted Martinez to Kenwright was his record of buying cheaply at Wigan, including N'Zogbia, Moses and McCarthy.

But if you pay peanuts, you are likely to get monkeys.

I would keep the fifth with Martinez if he demonstrates a willingness to change players who are out of form. His persistence in keeping poorly performing players in the side reminds me of the worst of Moyes! We played well going forward against Kiev, we scored two goals and could easily have had two more. It was the defensive side of the game that let us down. If Martinez accepts this and does something about it I would vote to keep him, if he does not then he has a fatal flaw in his decision making that will cost us dear! if it comes to it, I would reinstate Big Joe till the end of the season to make sure we stayed up, then look selling a few hundred organs to be able to afford Vitor!

Is Klopp hipster enough to want a left-field move, would he come to Goodison do you think? As we all know, there's the history and the challenge/'project' there to restore us to our former glory - and this could attract him

Or is he being dull and predictably boring by touting himself for the Anfield job?

Or is the Echo a load of Koppite rubbish best left unread?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/klopp-open-exciting-premier-league-9419305

I'd love Klopp to come here personally

Is Klopp hipster enough to want a left-field move, would he come to Goodison do you think? As we all know, there's the history and the challenge/'project' there to restore us to our former glory - and this could attract him

Or is he being dull and predictably boring by touting himself for the Anfield job?

Or is the Echo a load of Koppite rubbish best left unread?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/klopp-open-exciting-premier-league-9419305

I'd love Klopp to come here personally

But Martinez isn't going anywhere.

As for Klopp there would be the question of wages but most importantly, I do not think our transfer budget would be sufficient to meet his ambition.

Status
Not open for further replies.