Votes: 265 33.5%
  • Top 10

Votes: 315 39.8%
  • Bottom half

Votes: 47 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think we'll end up finishing tenth(ish). That said, I do believe that a higher league finish is there for the taking if we can continue the way we have been this month... but I don't see it happening.

I said before the season started I thought we’d finish about 8th and I’d say the same now. I don’t think we’ve suddenly become a good side, we still look pretty ordinary really so I don’t envisage a surge into the top 6 unless we make a couple of great signings in January.

Still got that xmas feeling so going for top 6 ,don't see all the shouts saying we MUST get players in in January ,of course it would be great but he has lifted the ones we have and he has got two wins ,yes we could have drawn both but we didn't .That is where he has already made a difference ,we are winning where we would not have before ,we are not caving when they score and some players have improved so much since Dunc had them it is really uplifting .
Mason and Dom are different players ,both are in the first few on the team sheet .Who would have guessed that a month ago?Mason has been a strong candidate for MOM three games in a row !! Dom has made all his hard work turn into goals and deserved the vote yesterday.
No one knows what Don Carlo will do when he gets the unfit players back in ,after all he did say he thought we had some very good players here .
COYB

I reckon seventh or eighth, a couple of places ahead of a rejuvenated West Ham. Newcastle will falter and Palace will be a spot or two to our rear.

Our goal difference is crap. Like others have said, once the new manager bounce is over we will see a better picture of who we now are. We still have some proper awful players & that is a reality that won't suddenly change in one window. I reckon around 9-10th though. Get the feeling our players will tire due to the injury toll & those that come back from long injuries will need the summer to get up & running with fitness & Carlo's new ways.
Considering how this season was going I'm ok with 'just a top half finish'. Not happy, but just ok.

I think we finish strong with the somewhat weaker schedule at the close of the season. I am optimistic at 7th just at the cusp but if injuries keep hurting some of our key contributors then we could fall as far as 13th. Still a improvement in fact a big improvement on what Silva could have done if he stayed. He just didn't have the pulse of the club and what we needed to inject some life in the organization and the appetite of the fans.

This season has been totally unpredictable . You don't know whose gonna win and lose points. Apart from liverpool winning the league and man city finishing 2nd. I havent got a clue.

I'm saying 7th and I wouldn't put the last two wins down to "new manager bounce" but rather I'd say it's down to having a better manager. A manager that knows how to use the players he has (warts and all) and how to manage a football match; making adjustments in formations and personnel as necessary. That doesn't mean I think we'll win every game but just that he'll get a little bit more out of the team and (most) of the individuals. We've seen that the margins between winning and drawing are very fine and that's why I'm saying 7th. I think we'll get there comfortably and won't have the usual will we/won't me make it - those days are gone under Ancelotti.

Onwards and upwards - forza Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.