When is it acceptable to take your child the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first match was 1968 FA Cup Final v WBA, I was 6 months old!!!

A somewhat disappointing start but I don't remember the trauma of being one of the hottest favourites in years and actually losing, although I'm sure it's buried in the dark recesses of my mind

Never too you to start this journey, prep him or her early for the roller coaster!

Congratulations by the way!
I'm replying to myself!! See that's what it does to you!!

I took my lad to a dire 0-0 against the mighty Spurs and I wanted to recapture my 80's days so sat him right in the middle the Street End, my first mistake by half time he had learnt and repeated so many words at tge age of 4, there was really no coming back from it!!

He blew me away in second half when he said, Dad what does "Sh**e" mean? I said one day Sin I will show you ( planned a quick walk past the reds place to show him on way home!)

He's hardcore Blue now!

Be warned!!

Me and the Mrs both season ticket holders and attend half the aways. During lockdown we have had our first child who is sadly on the waiting list for a season ticket herself ( mums actions not mine). Just talking and actually wondering when is it acceptable to start taken a child to the match ?? I was quite late into footy and only started going from around 10.

Judging by the replies in this thread it doesn’t seem to matter how early you take them, all the posters in here seem to be well adjusted and level headed individuals.

It definitely hasn’t affected them in any way.

Judging by the replies in this thread it doesn’t seem to matter how early you take them, all the posters in here seem to be well adjusted and level headed individuals.

It definitely hasn’t affected them in any way.
What I've taken from this thread is that for many fans cajoling their children to become Evertonians is doing the Lord's work - the better of many evils.

We’re stopping them being Kopites or focusing primarily on rugby league, which puts their parents and siblings at risk of unwarranted sexual advances.

I would say it depends on how much you dislike them? If they are little snides take em very ealry, make sure they never know joy! If they are decent, wait until their mid-teens, let them have some enjoyment before you induct them in to the cult of endless despair!

Me and the Mrs both season ticket holders and attend half the aways. During lockdown we have had our first child who is sadly on the waiting list for a season ticket herself ( mums actions not mine). Just talking and actually wondering when is it acceptable to start taken a child to the match ?? I was quite late into footy and only started going from around 10.
Dont do it mate!!
Just have a look around this forum to see what Everton does to ye.

Status
Not open for further replies.