When is it acceptable to take your child the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly don't remember how old I was when my dad started taking me. First game I remember was when I was 9, Tottenham F.A. Cup semi final when we won 4-1. Anyone remember the year..?
That's quite a first game! I watched it in a pub in Liverpool or maybe Southport I was about 10 at the time. I did get to see Linekar playing in my first game, though he was playing for Spurs at the time I think! Just remember it was bitterly cold. My kid is four but I wouldn't take him this young if I could help it as he's not really old enough to understand it properly and besides I don't know whether it would be morally right of me to inflict a lifetime of Everton upon one so innocent.

ffs Pete.

Look I’m sorry. I’m old school, I won’t allow any bad language in front of my wife (even if it gets me into trouble) and I won’t allow it in front of my daughter or granddaughter, and people in our village and pub know this. I’m old, and I’m not changing my views....

Look I’m sorry. I’m old school, I won’t allow any bad language in front of my wife (even if it gets me into trouble) and I won’t allow it in front of my daughter or granddaughter, and people in our village and pub know this. I’m old, and I’m not changing my views....
If you lived with my wife you wouldn't have been able to stick to that, etc and so on

I took my two girls to their first football match when they were 7 and 9 respectively.

The older one enjoyed everything except the football, she was fascinated by the support staff, photo journalists and medical staff who drive the golf buggy on the pitch for serious player injuries. This is the Czech Fortuna Liga, btw.

The younger got bored, which was understandable as it's the Czech Fortuna Liga, but enjoyed the day out. The thing is, taking kids to a match here costs next to nothing, we ended up getting season tickets for them but pick and choose the matches we take them to.

First time I took my son to Goodison, he was 6 or thereabouts. When we scored he got quite a shock at the roar of the crowd, but I reassured him it was something he wouldn't have to experience very often.

My dad took me when i was 5 or so and i think I cried when i went to the toilet at half time

Oof that smell

My lads 1st game I think was United away when he was about 6, proper kicked off as well.

2 of them shared a season ticket to start with age 6 & 9, they're 18 & 21 now & both still go but that may change next season as 1 might be in Falmouth, dont know what to do about his ST tbh cos it looks like it might be difficult for anyone else to use them now.

I took my two girls to their first football match when they were 7 and 9 respectively.

The older one enjoyed everything except the football, she was fascinated by the support staff, photo journalists and medical staff who drive the golf buggy on the pitch for serious player injuries. This is the Czech Fortuna Liga, btw.

The younger got bored, which was understandable as it's the Czech Fortuna Liga, but enjoyed the day out. The thing is, taking kids to a match here costs next to nothing, we ended up getting season tickets for them but pick and choose the matches we take them to.
Which team do you watch?
I've seen a few games in Prague.

There's a woman on our row in the Park End who took newborn.
Used to put it in a car seat next to her seat which fortunately was on the end of the row.

Status
Not open for further replies.