When is it acceptable to take your child the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a season ticket since the early eightees and had a great seat in the upper glwadys, my son was six and I thought its time knowing if he liked it I would have to move my seat .Well I took him we played Sunderland 2007 you wouldn't believe it we won 7_1 ,well that's that seat moved further back not as good but eh well worth it ,both still there and he never misses an away game, well not at the moment like. Special feeling going the game with your lad can't beat it

My dad used to Police inside and outside Goodison as well as round the Docks.. Long time ago now but we used to live half way between Breck Road and West Derby Road. Was called Compton Street { now demolished }, off Spencer Street, now think Compton Way. Started going to home matches aged 2 years. Used to WALK about 30/45mins up and down Sleepers Hill past the RS and back nearly every matchday. Because he was a copper and walked so fast had to nearly run to keep up with him. This went on for about 10 years,1956 onwards. Couldn't afford a car in them days. Never forgot how well i slept on Saturday nights.

Last edited:

Never. When they’re 18 it’s their choice but until then it’s child abuse.
0ABBBE34-B069-4CBF-AF22-B761B1F7C60F.jpeg

The odd friendly 8/9 but not until they start senior school when they can start having a bit of wit about them. Thats my sensible answer.

Incase anyone from social services is reading then nope I wont ever let my child be a football supporter. Lancashire cricket and possibly snooker or darts.

You know when they're ready to go. You want them to enjoy it first time and be in awe of it.
I reckon some bring them when they're too young just so that they can be a super fan.

I haven't bought my son to a GAA game yet he's 5, even if there was no covid i likley would not have had him to a game yet, I have friends who have had their kids at a game, they've had nightmare at the game... it’s too hot, it's too cold, it's too loud, I'm hungry, I need to go to the toilet, I think 7 is about the right age before going, the concentration is not there at 4,5 or 6.

My al fella threw me in the deep end and got me a season ticket when I was 5, I genuinely think I was more footy obsessed than most kids though, to be fair.

Then we lost 2-1 to Crystal Palace on the opening day, and we left to “beat the traffic”, and we missed Ferguson’s goal.

Which I think should sum up every everton fan who was born in the early 90s onwards Everton experience really, shouldn’t it?

Infacf thinking about it down the years the amount of 90th minute goals we missed to “beat the traffic” was a lot... Koff Dad lol

So as long as they’re engaged as soon as you want.

After a quick check, I find that I took the eldest lad when he was 4, in May 1977 to watch Everton beat Sunderland 2-0 (Latchford, Rioch)
There was Only 36,000 (capacity about 57,000 then) to watch Sunderland get relegated so I carried him in over the turnstile and sat him on the bar.
Just texted him and he vaguely remember sitting on the bar and a big square clock.

Me and the Mrs both season ticket holders and attend half the aways. During lockdown we have had our first child who is sadly on the waiting list for a season ticket herself ( mums actions not mine). Just talking and actually wondering when is it acceptable to start taken a child to the match ?? I was quite late into footy and only started going from around 10.
after covid

Status
Not open for further replies.