When is it acceptable to take your child the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly don't remember how old I was when my dad started taking me. First game I remember was when I was 9, Tottenham F.A. Cup semi final when we won 4-1. Anyone remember the year..?
Probably been said but if were 9 then and
A You know what year you were born
B You know what year it is now
C You know your age
You should probably be able to work it out on the back of a cigarette packet

Never.

I'll never forgive my dad.

I'm going to inflict the same pain on my children, but I know it's wrong of me.

No but when I chanced my luck I was relieved of my bus fare back to town. Luckily I had my bus and boat return so walked back down Scotland Road then to Pier Head then safety.
Further to the above, it was no mean feat navigating myself back to Pier Head. Definitely notes of behind enemy lines once the fans walking home thinned out leaving this naive 12 year old to avoid the packs of scallys at the end of each street down Scottie Road. This before the tunnel and road widening and house demolition.

Further to the above, it was no mean feat navigating myself back to Pier Head. Definitely notes of behind enemy lines once the fans walking home thinned out leaving this naive 12 year old to avoid the packs of scallys at the end of each street down Scottie Road. This before the tunnel and road widening and house demolition.
Brought back the memory of installing a very large generator for the Tyson's site of the "new tunnel". Went to the pub on a foggy night to watch Ajax beat Panathinaikos ,next morning the generator was gone.

There's a kid with a season ticket next to me and even though he kicks lumps out of me every week I honestly feel sorry for him because he evidently just gets dragged along by his dad and has no desire to be there whatsoever. He was probably about 7/8 before we had to stop going and that was his 3rd season. No idea why the bloke pays for a season ticket for him just to spend the entire day kicking off at him for being bored out of his skull.

Honestly don't remember how old I was when my dad started taking me. First game I remember was when I was 9, Tottenham F.A. Cup semi final when we won 4-1. Anyone remember the year..?

1995.jpeg

Brought back the memory of installing a very large generator for the Tyson's site of the "new tunnel". Went to the pub on a foggy night to watch Ajax beat Panathinaikos ,next morning the generator was gone.
Yes it got very atmospheric in those days. All the fog coming off the river. Quite Dickensian in the sixties.

I think at the date of conception is just about right. Any later and they start to notice how appalling you have been to them inflicting this rollercoaster of gloom and very occasional joy onto them.

If Everton were a rollercoaster, you would spend almost all the time upside down on a long, seemingly endless down slope, only for a very brief upward twist - leaving your stomach behind and a wonderful, albeit brief moment of pure joy. Then back to the interminable down slope again. Occasionally you might experience that chugging long upward climb, only to find it is a mirage and the total slide back down into oblivion. That's enough rollercoaster shizzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.