Whats yer stance on the new boss?

Up for it or nah or meh or gth out my club?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was 100% behind Lampard as soon as his name was linked with us but now he's been announced and we're linked with signings like Dele & Donny and Lampard is already talking about possession football with a high work ethic I'm actually starting to get optimistic.
Obviously we're not going to do much this season, it's too late to do anything other than avoid relegation but if he can at least getting us playing better, putting 100% effort in and get rid of some of the defensive frailty then it'll be a great platform to built from in the summer.

Don’t normally enjoy deadline day but today I’m feeling good.
-Young English manager with point to prove.
-Experienced well respected number 2 appointed.
-Decent loan signing made.
-Another promising signing about to happen.
Can’t wait to see how all of a sudden certain injured players are available for selection!!
Interesting times ahead…

Delighted that Benitez has gone. Can't see anything in Lampard that convinces me he is the right man for the job.

Probably the best option of the people we were interviewing. I want Moshiri out, Lampard isn't an issue.
Pretty much this. Lampard is the manager, so I'll get behind him until it's unsustainable.

At least we made some progress towards not being a basket case club today. Hopefully, it's enough to keep us up, and give us a shot to fix the issues in the squad this summer.

My personal view was he did a decent enough job at Derby albeit unspectacular, and the Chelsea job was too big for him at that stage.

I hope he has developed since Derby/Chelsea, but of course the proof is in the pudding. I will say I do like the fact he has a bit of a point to prove IMO, and seems to speak clearly and positively. Let's hope this one goes better, eh?

I think he's too inexperienced at this stage of his management career. I wanted Mourinho but that seemed a big no at the moment. Lampard will have my full support, as usual for a new manager and I hope he proves me wrong about inexperienced. His two signing so far may turn out to be a right bit of shrewd footballing business.

I think he's too inexperienced at this stage of his management career. I wanted Mourinho but that seemed a big no at the moment. Lampard will have my full support, as usual for a new manager and I hope he proves me wrong about inexperienced. His two signing so far may turn out to be a right bit of shrewd footballing business.
Howard Kendall was 35 years old when he first got the Everton job having previously only managed Blackburn for a season as player manager. He went on to win 2 league titles, 1 FA Cup, 1 ECW Cup and 3 Charity Shields.

It's not always a bad thing having one of the best midfielders of their generation as your manager.

Howard Kendall was 35 years old when he first got the Everton job having previously only managed Blackburn for a season as player manager. He went on to win 2 league titles, 1 FA Cup, 1 ECW Cup and 3 Charity Shields.

It's not always a bad thing having one of the best midfielders of their generation as your manager.
Thanks for the reminder about Howey Kendall. He nearly got Blackburn promoted to the old First division in his second year as player/manager and at a young age. He definitely was one of the best midfielders of his generation. If Lampard turns out as good as Howey then we'll all be dancing in the streets.

I think Lampard will do well

But, the manager we should have got in the summer has just knocked PSG out of the Coupe de France.

Status
Not open for further replies.