Whats yer stance on the new boss?

Up for it or nah or meh or gth out my club?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched his interview... he says all the right things - high press, play in the oppo half, good on the ball but intent to attack.

Will probs play 4-3-3 tpoo.

I'm alright with it all really. He's starting from a much higher base than our previous appointmenr, put it that way.

….never understand ‘get our full support’ statements. Managers get support if results are right, sadly for Lampard we have very little leeway. i’m happy with the appointment but I fear the position we are in.

The club have dug themselves into a big hole.

No negativity please eggs.
Let it go and support the new beginning.

Yes it’s gonna be a bumpy ride but the only way is up. Frank is the man.

….never understand ‘get our full support’ statements. Managers get support if results are right, sadly for Lampard we have very little leeway. i’m happy with the appointment but I fear the position we are in.

Managers dont always have support from the start. Just look at some of our appointments since Moyes. I myself wanted BFS and the last blert out the door right off. No active wishing for losses or failure, but zero support. Totally killed my interest.

So for me its interesting to see the general positivity with hardly anybody actively against this, given the mess those running the club has us in

Heres hoping he can get us say 16pts more with the shambles of a squad now and luck with injuries, and then see what he can change in the summer window

Lampard is a big risk due to his lack of experience and track record. It might be mitigated a bit by the appointment of Paul Clement. Someone who seems a great coach but not necessarily a great head coach or manager.

Key is steadying the ship this season. Stay up and build from there. Keeping some of the key players in the summer might be a challenge though. It's a big, big job for any manager to take the club from this position to being a consistent Top 6 club. Going to take a while for any manager to do that.

They started digging it, the moment they hired Benitez.

Managers dont always have support from the start. Just look at some of our appointments since Moyes. I myself wanted BFS and the last blert out the door right off. No active wishing for losses or failure, but zero support. Totally killed my interest.

So for me its interesting to see the general positivity with hardly anybody actively against this, given the mess those running the club has us in

Heres hoping he can get us say 16pts more with the shambles of a squad now and luck with injuries, and then see what he can change in the summer window

…no matter what we think, no matter if we like the appointment or not it really is down to results. As much as Benitez was disliked, he would’ve been tolerated if he hadn’t been such a useless coach.

The crowd will be behind Lampard I have no doubt about that.

Not confident but happy and looking forward to what he can bring to the team, he may surprise me. My concerns are that he has not really achieved anything in his managerial career. He did not improve Derby or Chelsea in the two jobs he has had.

I was hoping for someone with more experience for the fight this team are in. Hopefully we see the team get a rise from this appointment.

It will be interesting.

Optimistic. He came across in the interview on the official site very well. I didn't think he got enough credit for his Chelsea stint. He came into almost as much toxicity there after Sarri, as he is here after Benitez, albiet with much better players, but, he had also just lost the lynchpin of the team, Eden Hazard, and, because of the transfer ban, had no chance to replace him.

He works well with young players and should have no problem getting respect from the senior players, because he has won more as a player than all of them combined are ever likely to. I also feel he will be far more engaged with the fans. Another big plus of course, he is something of a media favourite which should hopefully get us a little more positive coverage.

I like the appointment. Just wish it would have been at the beginning of the season not now. A couple good results early and then have some good summer business and we should see a much improved Everton side.

Definitely more hope than expectation for me.

It didn't look like he knew how to set up a defence at Chelsea, but then our defenders are all crap anyway, so maybe it's better to just focus on getting on the front foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.