Whats yer stance on the new boss?

Up for it or nah or meh or gth out my club?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Optimistic. He came across in the interview on the official site very well. I didn't think he got enough credit for his Chelsea stint. He came into almost as much toxicity there after Sarri, as he is here after Benitez, albiet with much better players, but, he had also just lost the lynchpin of the team, Eden Hazard, and, because of the transfer ban, had no chance to replace him.

He works well with young players and should have no problem getting respect from the senior players, because he has won more as a player than all of them combined are ever likely to. I also feel he will be far more engaged with the fans. Another big plus of course, he is something of a media favourite which should hopefully get us a little more positive coverage.
As an American, Lampard really got the most out of Pulisic that season. Pulisic hasn't been the same under Tuchel.

Like you said he seems to work well with young players and should command the respect of the squad

I like him. I think that with Clement alongside him, there are a couple of men who compliment each others strengths and cover the others weaknesses.

I'm not sure about the others he's bringing with him but my gut instinct is that he'll get the best out of the training staff he brings in and who are already here.

This ultimately will lead to a more organised approach to the players- I hope that under Lampard, the players slot and adapt into a system that suits them and gets the best out of them. I have the belief that Lampard and his coaching staff have this ability.

I hope I am right!

Im not happy. Everton shouldv backed Benitez with this kind of money. Then again Benitez never shouldv signed if he knew this was not possible.

Signing Vdb and Alli seems odd. Vdb can play DM but he is no Kante. Lamps seem to want to play gung ho 433 wich, with this group, seems plain crazy. Its Silva/Martinez delusion. Its crazy because we have several characters that can draw the better ones, down to the ground. The new manager should not have focussed on getting new ones in, but getting rid of the virusses that are Iwobi, Keane, Holgate, etc. etc. Its good that a move was made for Jovic because DCL doesnt fit in any modern system and is way too prone for mistakes and missing sitters. at his best season he had 16 pm goals wich is pretty far from Ronaldo 46 la liga goals level. Hes just not very good.

Alli is an odd one because he is out of his very high form for a long time now. It has Falcao written all over this deal. Since its permanent if he becomes a dud, its just another in a long list of crazy buys.
But for now ill reserve my judgement what he does in the PM and if he manages to keep us up. I dont give one iota about the FA cup so I hope that will be treated as a training match. We need PM wins and pronto.

Im not happy. Everton shouldv backed Benitez with this kind of money. Then again Benitez never shouldv signed if he knew this was not possible.

Signing Vdb and Alli seems odd. Vdb can play DM but he is no Kante. Lamps seem to want to play gung ho 433 wich, with this group, seems plain crazy. Its Silva/Martinez delusion. Its crazy because we have several characters that can draw the better ones, down to the ground. The new manager should not have focussed on getting new ones in, but getting rid of the virusses that are Iwobi, Keane, Holgate, etc. etc. Its good that a move was made for Jovic because DCL doesnt fit in any modern system and is way too prone for mistakes and missing sitters. at his best season he had 16 pm goals wich is pretty far from Ronaldo 46 la liga goals level. Hes just not very good.

Alli is an odd one because he is out of his very high form for a long time now. It has Falcao written all over this deal. Since its permanent if he becomes a dud, its just another in a long list of crazy buys.
But for now ill reserve my judgement what he does in the PM and if he manages to keep us up. I dont give one iota about the FA cup so I hope that will be treated as a training match. We need PM wins and pronto.
No.
Not giving Benitez another £ to spend is the best thing we've done for years.

No.
Not giving Benitez another £ to spend is the best thing we've done for years.
Yeah? You be happy to sell Gray back to his former employer for the money we paid? Sometimes blind hate isnt the best guide.*

*that doesnt apply to Keane, Iwobi, Holgate, Koeman for obvious reasons.

Franks a lot eberyone.
Isn't it strange how the Benitez Brigade haven't voted or commented that they are fully backing our manager. (I can only see one that has voted)

They made sure to comment on every thread, vote on every poll, and even created their own polls, to show how much they backed and supported the last manager.

Wonder why they aren't for this one? :coffee:

Benetiz = Rondon

Ffs if you were happy with that then you're head is a pickled cabbage.

Benetiz = Rondon

Ffs if you were happy with that then you're head is a pickled cabbage.
Rondon was working for him at Newcastle, and a function of not getting any money. Yes it was a mistake and yes, in the end, Benitez was a failure. But in the end all i care for is the club and if Benitez was the savior we needed, so be it. If Lamps turns out to be good, so be it. Time will tell.

Rondon was working for him at Newcastle, and a function of not getting any money. Yes it was a mistake and yes, in the end, Benitez was a failure. But in the end all i care for is the club and if Benitez was the savior we needed, so be it. If Lamps turns out to be good, so be it. Time will tell.
Benitez had money. Let's stop pretending he didn't.

If he didn't have any, we wouldn't have bought Mykolenko and Patterson well before selling Digne, because even our owner isn't stupid enough to rely on a sale happening after spending the money as how many times have deals broken down and if we were as close to FFP sanctions, they would not risk it.

Also in response to your other post that benitez should have been backed with this money, Lampard hasnt been backed with money. VDB maybe a small loan fee and Alli is effectively a free right now.

Last edited:
Beni a saviour? What are you sniffing son?
I said if. In the end, he wasnt. But lets not pretend (again) its all on Rafael. He just walked out with 9 million of our money. Signing him, Koeman, Silva, Allardyce, they didnt do that themselves, did they? The problem we have is much deeper, and it remains to be seen if Lamps is that golden touch Moshiri was lacking.

I hope Lamps does well. And for what its worth, his connections might help attracting better players.

Status
Not open for further replies.