What should the new stadium look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the proposed design for the Las Vegas Raiders stadium. Due to cost well over £1bn with a large piece of it being publically funded. They are on a different level over there.

I think it would be great to get the footprint the same as the shape of the Everton badge, from the air it would look immense and not a uniform bowl or square shape.
With one huge bowl at one ('home') end.
Include the blue and white cross barriers

Unique and great on the dockside.

Looking at the proposed Liverpool Waters images, all the buildings are modern glass and steel structures (Bordeaux) so I think it will be of a similar design to fit in not brick (Lucas Oil)

Those images are complete pie in the sky though. What the actual buildings will look like (if it ever gets started) will be down to the designers of the individual developments. I hope that if there is a big load of development there, it doesn't look as bland and soulless as the concepts suggest. If it's just a bigger extension of Princes Dock, it'll be a very stale development indeed.

Those images are complete pie in the sky though. What the actual buildings will look like (if it ever gets started) will be down to the designers of the individual developments. I hope that if there is a big load of development there, it doesn't look as bland and soulless as the concepts suggest. If it's just a bigger extension of Princes Dock, it'll be a very stale development indeed.

Indeed, this. Unless designs are restricted (use on heritage sites) or nudged (LCC rules/incentives), it's up to the developers to design the look and use of the buildings throughout LW. But the anchor tenants, especially EFC's Bramley Moore project, will have a large impact on future development at LW.

You're a massive F1 fan yet think 'nothing on the race calendar beats Yas M
You're a massive F1 fan yet think 'nothing on the race calendar beats Yas Marina'?!

Never heard such madness. It's an awful track and producing terrible racing, in a completely artificial backwater area of Abu Dhabi.
Well thanks for missing the point. The lighting on the area shown creates the best looking building on the current racing calendar. I even put a picture up incase words are hard to interpret. Somehow i have now proclaimed that the racing & circuit layout is the best despite never saying it once. This is the " What would like the new stadium to look like" thread isn't it? The best race is Belgium in the wet not that it should matter but i now have to say because you have decided i claimed otherwise.

Astounds me how large the attendances are for NFL and college football.

Average NFL attendance is in the 68,000 range. College football attendance can be even bigger, depending on your destination. Among the 14 schools in the SEC, average home attendance is just under 80,000, with 4 schools averaging over 100,000 per home game and 3 more between 85,000 and 100,000.

Plus all the people at the tailgate outside the stadium (mostly college).

Plus all the people watching at home.

Average NFL attendance is in the 68,000 range. College football attendance can be even bigger, depending on your destination. Among the 14 schools in the SEC, average home attendance is just under 80,000, with 4 schools averaging over 100,000 per home game and 3 more between 85,000 and 100,000.

Plus all the people at the tailgate outside the stadium (mostly college).

Plus all the people watching at home.

Just baffles me for a sport that's so stop-start to watch. I can only assume ticket prices are quite cheap for them. Although I went to an NBA game last year in NYC and that wasn't cheap.

Just baffles me for a sport that's so stop-start to watch. I can only assume ticket prices are quite cheap for them. Although I went to an NBA game last year in NYC and that wasn't cheap.

Surely that's largely familiarity and cultural indoctrination. Is rugby any less stop-start? Its pauses just look different, and you're used to the flow.

But, no, prices are high and the stands are still full.

Baseball games are cheap but there are loads of them, NFL tickets are real expensive, only a short season, unless its a awful side I guess.

The College thing I dont understand, I stayed with a guy in San Diego once and he was only into College level sport, big into it, but the NFL and MLB he didnt care for.

Earlier, I put up a photo of Etihad Stadium in Melbourne. It was built on reclaimed docks in an area stunningly called Docklands. In many ways, this is similar to the proposed Liverpool Waters.

Essentially, my point is that the Docklands area is a soulless pit if despair! There are apartments & offices but no life, even during the day. One would hope that the LCC ensures that it doesn't happen there.

In the scheme of things, does it matter to EFC? Probably not. But as residents of the City, you guys should expect more.

Status
Not open for further replies.