What should the new stadium look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking my inspiration from other sporting venues outside of football. I'm a massive F1 fan & nothing on the race calendar beats the Yas Marinas Circuit in Abu Dhabi. Look great at day time too.View attachment 35610

Been there a few times its stunning at night.

I like this one

Benghazi-Sport-City-Soccer-stadium-02-920x420.jpg

Baseball games are cheap but there are loads of them, NFL tickets are real expensive, only a short season, unless its a awful side I guess.

The College thing I dont understand, I stayed with a guy in San Diego once and he was only into College level sport, big into it, but the NFL and MLB he didnt care for.

I'm way more into college sports than pro sports here. It's more pure. You don't have to deal with the money/contract aspect. Both college football and college basketball have been way more willing to innovate. In the NFL, everyone basically plays the same systems, and it's all about who has the better players. At the college level there's a huge level of variety. Also there is much more of a tribal aspect when you attach yourself to a school, or if you went to Uni there, it's that much more a part of your identity.

Just baffles me for a sport that's so stop-start to watch. I can only assume ticket prices are quite cheap for them. Although I went to an NBA game last year in NYC and that wasn't cheap.

Ticket prices for much of college football are much cheaper. Obviously for the best programs and the biggest games that goes out the window, but you can get Season tickets for a local team for a fraction of what a pro sports season ticket is. Plus there are so many more of them.

Historically, before the growth of the NFL, there weren't any teams in large areas of the country. Like in the South. College football is much more popular because for a long time there weren't any NFL teams anywhere near them.

Here's a rendering of a proposed stadium in Detroit. Ours would have to be bigger, but gives you a sense of what using the clear roofing I talked about earlier could do in terms of opening up the skyline from inside the stadium. How much do you think someone would pay for a skyscraper right next to Bramley Moore with naming rights on the building?

-.jpg

Here's a rendering of a proposed stadium in Detroit. Ours would have to be bigger, but gives you a sense of what using the clear roofing I talked about earlier could do in terms of opening up the skyline from inside the stadium. How much do you think someone would pay for a skyscraper right next to Bramley Moore with naming rights on the building?

-.jpg

Would look brilliant that, will really enhance the several shades of grey in the sky.

Except for the bits covered in seagull guano like.....

Dan Meis is the architect working on it and I'm sure it's been mentioned here before but looking at his other work, I'm pretty happy. I think he gets the idea of what would look good there as he has a good resume.

He's also currently working on Roma's new stadium and the renderings look fantastic.

Just waiting for the classic mixup of Stadio Della Roma being accidentally built on the docks...

-.jpg

Maybe I'm not adventuresome enough, but don't see how that looks as nice 5 years in as it does on the renderings.

Status
Not open for further replies.