What should the new stadium look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnydawg68

Chairperson, People's Front of Saint Domingo
Considering it's proximity to the Mersey, I'm thinking nautical themes should be included in the design. For instance the new Vikings stadium in Minnesota, USA looks a bit like a ship. I kind of like that idea. The stadium should be iconic and firmly rooted in the history and place that is Liverpool

vikingstad.png

1156_0509_interiorwest-01_final-copy.jpg

Considering it's proximity to the Mersey, I'm thinking nautical themes should be included in the design. For instance the new Vikings stadium in Minnesota, USA looks a bit like a ship. I kind of like that idea. The stadium should be iconic and firmly rooted in the history and place that is Liverpool

vikingstad.png

1156_0509_interiorwest-01_final-copy.jpg

Looks like it would be roasting in the summer

An open end giving a view along the waterfront would be great (with a small stand for the away fans there). Problem with the location maybe exposure to the elements so I can't imagine much will be exposed unless the wind is smartly diverted away.

On the inside two Dortmund ends, the sides being tiered but overlapping so closer to the action, with your corporates amongst there. Not bothered on the outside.

An open end giving a view along the waterfront would be great (with a small stand for the away fans there). Problem with the location maybe exposure to the elements so I can't imagine much will be exposed unless the wind is smartly diverted away.

Which is why the use of a glass wall there with a roof overhang would protect the stadium from the wind and elements but still provide a spectacular view and lots of natural sunlight. I think the outside of this particular stadium is a bit drab, but I like the shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.