What should the new stadium look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the proposed design for the Las Vegas Raiders stadium. Due to cost well over £1bn with a large piece of it being publically funded. They are on a different level over there.
$2.6bn estimated cost.

http://brobible.com/sports/article/pictures-las-vegas-stadium-oakland-raiders/

oakland-raiders-las-vegas-stadium-renderings.jpg

Meis is good at incorporating historical significance into design. (Roma for eg is based on the Colosseum) . I have a sneaking suspicion the leitch type design will be in his plans somehow.

I think it will just look like Goodison but with no posts, criss crosses, blue gravel and everything.
But also paying homage to the history of the stadium, big clocks in the corners, half moon's behind the goals, half times on hearts clubs diamonds and spades, every day will be retro day!

We don't want half moon's behind the goals. We want the crowd to be up close and intimidating.

Besides, they were put there to protect players from potential crowd trouble, which isn't something we
want to be reminded of.

Meis is good at incorporating historical significance into design. (Roma for eg is based on the Colosseum) . I have a sneaking suspicion the leitch type design will be in his plans somehow.
I get your point but why would Meis use other architects signiature work in his own?

Baseball games are cheap but there are loads of them, NFL tickets are real expensive, only a short season, unless its a awful side I guess.

The College thing I dont understand, I stayed with a guy in San Diego once and he was only into College level sport, big into it, but the NFL and MLB he didnt care for.

Yeh I mean you're not going to get 100k fans at an LJMU football match are you haha.

The Bordeaux stadium is class. Put another tier of 15,000 on that type of design and I'd be happy.

I was there last summer for Ireland v Belgium. We got absolutely pumped, so it gave me a good opportunity to admire the stadium as I was trying not to look at the action on the pitch lol

Well thanks for missing the point. The lighting on the area shown creates the best looking building on the current racing calendar. I even put a picture up incase words are hard to interpret. Somehow i have now proclaimed that the racing & circuit layout is the best despite never saying it once. This is the " What would like the new stadium to look like" thread isn't it? The best race is Belgium in the wet not that it should matter but i now have to say because you have decided i claimed otherwise.

So you like a hotel that's within the confines of Yas Marina, and have explained that in relation to our new stadium, ignoring the Allianz arena that does exactly the same thing - and is actually a European football stadium. No worries, as long as we're on the same page.

Minimum 60k capacity.

I like that Allianz Arena. Something along those lines, with a retractable roof, and maybe the side facing the River be higher than the other side, so that those at the top can see over the other stand and out on to the river (if the roof is open, and that's even possible).

Also where the Allianz Arena has the lights that they can change colour depending on whose game it is, I'd hope we can do similar but have a sort of TV wall on the side, so that people over the water, or further down the docks towards the City can see videos on matchday etc. Could also be used for advertising. So if you walk up from the City Centre as you get closer you can see videos of Everton goals etc. and the build-up. If they have an outside Fan Zone type thing, then you should be able to see it from there as well.

The Leitch design and the Church etc. is Goodison, they can incorporate it somehow in parts of the Ground, but this should be a new start really.

In a funny way I'd kinda like to see a modern take on the old-school stadiums, but I do like the simplicity & symmetry of newer places like Stadium MK.

arena-aerial.jpg

The weird thing I've noticed about the 360 wrap-around stadiums is your get this weird crowd sound, a bit like the "metalizer" effect in music software, or if anyone ever tried playing the same record on both decks at the same time back in the day? probably sounds mental, but those who know, will know what I mean :D

Top of the want list of course is that the stands have to be close to the pitch, no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.