We need to ignore PL rules about spending

Status
Not open for further replies.
havent they made a loss every year though apart from maybe last season

last year's recorded profit was bad for them but that was for the covid season which as we know means you can pretty much cross that out. They made a profit the season prior to that. Basically they have an income pushing 500 million and a wage bill of 250 million with a stockpile of players they could get change for. On top of that they can make that 107 million or so loss over 3 years - so for them that is something approaching 1.6 billion of possible outlay before sales. Ours stripped from our USM ties is going to be more like 400 million.

I think we are at a stage where we need Moshiri to really dig deep in Jan and buy three quality signings and spend over £100m to keep us in this league.

City have shown that these FFP/P&L things cannot be enforced so we need to ignore it and go all out.

At the very least we need to treat this window as a case of better to ask for forgiveness than permission

I believed this after the Wolves game and I believe it now more than ever.

We go down and the club is pretty much finished from a financial point of view. That’s why we need to stay up at all costs

Problem you’ve got is that the Premier League are lenient towards us, and everyone else.

They want to protect their asset. Gunning for us, means fingers at bigger teams eventually… which damages their product.

The EFL are the opposite and make examples. So when we blow £100m and go beyond FFP, and get slapped with a 15 point penalty, we genuinely would end up opening BMD in League one.

This thread will be used as part of the opening statement by the Independent Commission..
A club and fanbase batting there eyelids at the rules and regulations set out by such a truly honest organisation as the Premier League 🙄

I think we are at a stage where we need Moshiri to really dig deep in Jan and buy three quality signings and spend over £100m to keep us in this league.

City have shown that these FFP/P&L things cannot be enforced so we need to ignore it and go all out.

At the very least we need to treat this window as a case of better to ask for forgiveness than permission

🤦‍♂️

You are not comparing like with like.

My point with the campaign is that the club are not going to engage with a group of fans who are calling for the heads of the top execs and frankly some of the questions are laughable as is the acronym.

Additionally, I don’t see it as the club going rogue because frankly I don’t think the financial rules are worth the paper they are written on given the joke other clubs have made of them

Merry Christmas though…

Again. 🤦‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.