We need to ignore PL rules about spending

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to see your connection here.

You are looking to start an argument so by all means give it your best shot. What is the cult party line on todays game?

You can't go breaking the rules it's as simple as that. We've spent hundreds and gone backwards.

The cult line is we are in a complete mess and the manager position is becoming untenable.

You can't go breaking the rules it's as simple as that. We've spent hundreds and gone backwards.

The cult line is we are in a complete mess and the manager position is becoming untenable.

What has that got to do with the 27 campaign?

You seemed to suggest my post that started this thread was contradictory to what I said about the campaign and its members. Please make the connection cos to me it seems like you have tried to de rail this thread to start an old argument/debate for no apparent reason besides the fact you may have had a few shandies cos it’s christmas

What has that got to do with the 27 campaign?

You seemed to suggest my post that started this thread was contradictory to what I said about the campaign and its members. Please make the connection cos to me it seems like you have tried to de rail this thread to start an old argument/debate for no apparent reason besides the fact you may have had a few shandies cos it’s christmas

The connection is that I don't think you can on the one hand encourage the club to go rogue, break rules and not follow official guidance yet on the other hand have a cry about the 27 campaign and the way they go about their business.

£100million will not even get you two average players at best these days. Gone are the days when you could get a guy like Siggy for £40million.

To stay up we need to spend a minimum of £200milliom.

The connection is that I don't think you can on the one hand encourage the club to go rogue, break rules and not follow official guidance yet on the other hand have a cry about the 27 campaign and the way they go about their business.

You are not comparing like with like.

My point with the campaign is that the club are not going to engage with a group of fans who are calling for the heads of the top execs and frankly some of the questions are laughable as is the acronym.

Additionally, I don’t see it as the club going rogue because frankly I don’t think the financial rules are worth the paper they are written on given the joke other clubs have made of them

Merry Christmas though…

£100million will not even get you two average players at best these days. Gone are the days when you could get a guy like Siggy for £40million.

To stay up we need to spend a minimum of £200milliom.

I think we could get two good players for that money let alone average ones. If you sign them on 5 year deals then even if we pay £100m up front it would only go down as a £40m spend this year which isn’t too bad.

5 year deals only works if they are young I guess though which comes with additional risk

I think we are at a stage where we need Moshiri to really dig deep in Jan and buy three quality signings and spend over £100m to keep us in this league.

City have shown that these FFP/P&L things cannot be enforced so we need to ignore it and go all out.

At the very least we need to treat this window as a case of better to ask for forgiveness than permission
Nice idea. Rather than the possibility of getting relegated due to results, you want us to probably get relegated for financial mismanagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.