We need to ignore PL rules about spending

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right and I accept it’s a risk, I just don’t think the PL rules are worth anything.

It’s P and S for us because we aren’t in Europe
I'd also suspect something would affect us in the next season in championship if we broke FFP, they would make an example of us.

I think we are at a stage where we need Moshiri to really dig deep in Jan and buy three quality signings and spend over £100m to keep us in this league.

City have shown that these FFP/P&L things cannot be enforced so we need to ignore it and go all out.

At the very least we need to treat this window as a case of better to ask for forgiveness than permission

Throw caution to the wind and just go for it you say? Everton is not a big enough Club to get away with such a flagrant disregard for the rules. Knowing us, we would end up being hit with a record fine on top of a points deduction, plus an eighteen-month ban on buying players.

Throw caution to the wind and just go for it you say? Everton is not a big enough Club to get away with such a flagrant disregard for the rules. Knowing us, we would end up being hit with a record fine on top of a points deduction, plus an eighteen-month ban on buying players.

Yeah we gave to be very carful, sell Pickford and Kean, Keane, that could bring in 60m for the three

Even if we did throw caution to the wind we would be buying players that are looking for a massive payday and that's all. No seasoned decent 8 of 10 player is coming to us for a career move. So we either have to buy untested promise or last hurrah like Townsend. Either way they probably get injured first game.

Well point is we can get a kitty together, we can spend

See my point above, I expect we will buy one after selling Mina and another and get a loan in. In the state we are in it would be the worst time to (heavily) splash the cash.

We moan at the board for being in a predicament where we have lived beyond our means yet our solution is to splurge again which will hamper us for the next 3 seasons.

can someone explain to me how chelsea are allowed to spend over 600 mil in a calendar year with very little sales

if todd is just having a mad one then maybe we should as well

Their kit deal and shirt sponsor are off the charts...mega money. Throw in champions League money which is an extra 50+ on top of what we earn and then you get more prize/TV money and London ticket prices and it's a case of the prince and the pauper.

And exactly why the profit and loss/FFP rules have been brought in so it doesn't break up the cartel.

Their kit deal and shirt sponsor are off the charts...mega money. Throw in champions League money which is an extra 50+ on top of what we earn and then you get more prize/TV money and London ticket prices and it's a case of the prince and the pauper.

And exactly why the profit and loss/FFP rules have been brought in so it doesn't break up the cartel.
havent they made a loss every year though apart from maybe last season

Even if we did throw caution to the wind we would be buying players that are looking for a massive payday and that's all. No seasoned decent 8 of 10 player is coming to us for a career move. So we either have to buy untested promise or last hurrah like Townsend. Either way they probably get injured first game.

It would certainly be a massive gamble on our part and, as we have already seen, Everton aren't very good when it comes to gambling.

This P&L is a swizz imo

We have similar revenues and wages to clubs like WHU yet they have bigger net spend over the last 5 seasons.

So how can we be in the red and them allowed to throw £150m around in the summer ?

can someone explain to me how chelsea are allowed to spend over 600 mil in a calendar year with very little sales

if todd is just having a mad one then maybe we should as well

Exactly. The rules don’t apply mate and it’s not like they have a huge modern stadium or even a massive worldwide fan base like some of the other big clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.