We must stick with silva as fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe this is even a conversation. We play scintillating football at times but we are simply inconsistent. We need a run, for confidence- which will make other teams begin to fear us. The same was true of Howard Kendall's '84 side and Ferguson's early years at United.

Other teams fear is the key - the rs aren't all that great, it's just many if the opposition lose the game in their heads before walking out onto the pitch.

We had such a run......from February until May last season.

Some great displays and equally great results.

Confidence was high coming into this season.....which makes this disappointing start harder to stomach.

Maybe, just maybe the fan base need to stop thinking Everton as a fans club and one of a football club?

What I mean is , thread after thread about supporting / out in regards to the manager is a waste of time. We should be a target driven club now , and judge a manager on that rather than losing to bournemouth (again).

Going straight to Silva out all the time is no different than Watford or west ham fans. Demanding instant success but then bemoaning some of the players we have to play. We get somewhere by progressing now, not buying a cup.

Silva may be not good enough but sacking one mid season gets us allardyce type managers who set us back rather than take us anywhere near where we want to be. How about we back the team rather than just solely the manager? Then the club can evaluate whether he has done good enough?

Changing managers regularly turns us into Watford , sure you are laughing them on the Garcia thread for that exact reason.

Don't come on here being all reasonable. It won't do. It just won't do.

Maybe, just maybe the fan base need to stop thinking Everton as a fans club and one of a football club?

What I mean is , thread after thread about supporting / out in regards to the manager is a waste of time. We should be a target driven club now , and judge a manager on that rather than losing to bournemouth (again).

Going straight to Silva out all the time is no different than Watford or west ham fans. Demanding instant success but then bemoaning some of the players we have to play. We get somewhere by progressing now, not buying a cup.

Silva may be not good enough but sacking one mid season gets us allardyce type managers who set us back rather than take us anywhere near where we want to be. How about we back the team rather than just solely the manager? Then the club can evaluate whether he has done good enough?

Changing managers regularly turns us into Watford , sure you are laughing them on the Garcia thread for that exact reason.

Bravo sir.

I can't believe this is even a conversation. We play scintillating football at times but we are simply inconsistent. We need a run, for confidence- which will make other teams begin to fear us. The same was true of Howard Kendall's '84 side and Ferguson's early years at United.

Other teams fear is the key - the rs aren't all that great, it's just many if the opposition lose the game in their heads before walking out onto the pitch.
Doesn't help that everyone in the media (including ex-Blues) keep telling us that they are fantastic.

In no thread or argument should Sam Allardyce be used as a benchmark for anything.

The guy poisoned Everton and I will never, ever forget the humiliation of having him as a manger of our club.

Silva may need our support from time to time as results go wrong - especially ones the fans see as easy - but please, don't ever compare him or any other manager to that slug of a human being.

A couple of good results and the pressure will go away, but a couple of poor results and he will be in serious trouble as he could lose the support of fans.

Strange to say but I think the game on Saturday is maybe more important for him than it should be.
I think Bournemouth away was not an easy game for any team and I would have been satisfied with a point. I don't think we have lost much ground because of the result itself. It is the performance and team selections I think that are making fans unhappy more than anything.

You're probably right mate, Sheff Utd will just put 10 men behind the ball and play for set pieces, if we struggle to break them down, then I can almost hear the unrest in the crowd now.

We had such a run......from February until May last season.

Some great displays and equally great results.

Confidence was high coming into this season.....which makes this disappointing start harder to stomach.
It doesn't always carry over. I think Silva's glaring weakness is preseason. Needs to address that.

for the sake of how well we do this season It Is imperative that we dont turn our back on Silva just yet. It has been possibly a poor start if you consider the opposition we've faced, however we are still not out of touch from where we want to be. If we start showing negativity in our home games then this will only serve to work against us.

Silva must improve on away form that is for sure and if he doesn't then he has to go. However if we look at previous managers, the minute the fans turned their back on them then it seemed their time was numbered and positive results seemed impossible. Silva still needs the time to prove himself and we really shouldn't turn on him just yet as there are still reasons to believe he can turn it around and as a club we just cant afford another season or two of transition.

Agree matey ;)

What even is the point of Everton anymore, suck the life out of us every year after starting the season so optimistic withing weeks the same old problems rear their heads. Until we figure out how to do better on the road, changing managers won't fix it because they all seem to suffer the same inconsistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.